[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest. Have you ever read this from front to back and followed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Be honest. Have you ever read this from front to back and followed it every step of the way?
>>
Yes.
>>
not pseud so i don't do pseud things
>>
I've read it methodically twice or thrice. First in 2010 when I studied philosophy and again a couple of years ago.
>>
>>9999551
But did you follow it every step of the way?
>>
File: image.png (639KB, 600x908px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
639KB, 600x908px
Be honest. Have you ever read this from front to back and followed it every step of the way?
>>
>>9999531

A major point of the text is that its very structure invites it to be read in multiple ways. The material is first-of-all organized in terms of the various sub-comments on the primary bits, and exhausting the sub-comments on that bit before being done with it and moving to the next. The numbers, I believe, as presented, strictly increase as real numbers.

Simply reading the book in its original order could be construed as a "vertical" reading, while a later reading focusing on a different organizational scheme might instead be construed as a "horizontal" scheme, or senses along these lines.
>>
>>9999569
Yeah, you can easily play with reading it different ways at http://www.tractatuslogicophilosophicus.com/.

But you didn't answer the question
>>
>>9999580

Oh yes, let me do that. The question has two clauses, or parts. I have "read the book front to back", yes, in its English Ogden side at least, and with the other English matter. I don't claim to have followed it "every step of the way", however.

In the course of creating the above graphic, I started to better appreciate how Witty was "sorta-equating" basic terms, at least in translation. Compare 3: "The logical picture of the facts is the thought." to 4: " the thought is the significant proposition." One is tempted to conclude by transitivity that "the logical picture of the facts is the significant proposition". I'm fairly fresh off of PI but I would imagine that these sorts of terse comparisons were part of later Witty was poking holes in about early Witty.
>>
>>9999580

also in preparation of the above graphic the other day, I noticed that the old site was down for re-tooling. Now it looks as though a greatly improved version of hte old site is online. great!

This new-to-me version actually incorporates proper notation and graphical devices for the visual-figure elements of the tractatus. These were totally absent in the old version of the website, so it's a very welcome improvement overall.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.