[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only here who wants to own a bookstore? Seems like such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: bookstore.jpg (272KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
bookstore.jpg
272KB, 900x600px
Am I the only here who wants to own a bookstore? Seems like such a comfy job, selling and restocking all kinds of books and talking to all kinds of people with differing tastes in literature.
>>
File: bezos.jpg (38KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
bezos.jpg
38KB, 960x640px
*blocks your path*
>>
I worked in a bookstore for 3 years and it has its ups and downs.

It feels awesome when you convince someone to buy a book you recommended but most of the time people don't want to talk, they just want to browse without being bothered.

Also you can't be picky about what types of books you sell or you will go out of business very quickly.
>>
>>9998765
shut up faggot
>>
File: IMG_1696.jpg (51KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1696.jpg
51KB, 1440x900px
>>9998765
Of course people want to browse without you coming up and bothering them. What the fuck? Do you want some douche coming up to you in a book store and recommending something that you're not interested in? Try a fucking commission based sales job or something.
>>
It seems like a really difficult business to make a living in. Do you frequent your local non-chain bookstores? How does business seem to you?
>>
Anybody worked in a used book store?
Seems like it'd be comfy as fuck but I think my city can only sustain 1-2 so I have a feeling the positions would be competitive.
>>
>>9998876
I worked for one. It was pretty high end since the owner had a big collection of rare (pre-1850) editions and collectors from all over the region came to the store. There were several first editions as well as important 'technical' books about history and law. It was comfy tier and I have fond memories of those times.
>>
>>9998784
Yeah! Fuck that guy, the fucking piece of shit. Goddamn fucking faggot book store employee! Let's fucking kill him!
>>
>>9998761

Amazon isn't an impediment, it's an opportunity. Anyone with drive can bulk buy some used books and start an online bookstore, and if it grows enough you could then move into a physical location. People are always looking to offload a deceased relatives library so you can build up a stock very easily by trolling Craigslist and similar sites.
>>
>>9998914
the used book game is super low margin tho so you better have capital to scale up fast, otherwise you'll never make it past side-hustle tier
>>
>>9998749
Keep the Aspidistra Flying
Chapter 1
>>
>>9999192
God that book is bleak.
>>
I worked at a very nice bookstore in Mexico, it always felt like home. I didn't have to use a retarded uniform or chase people to make them buy things. I was just there in case they wanted help, ordering shelves or reading and having coffee. It was my first real job and I was the youngest there, all my coworkers were old but very interesting. I miss those days and I hope I can open my own bookstore someday, but it's not a very good business desu, if you don't have enough money to go big then it's mostly a hobby, something you would do because you love it and you have other source of income.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.