[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>attempt to start reading Nietzsche >look up what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tired.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
tired.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>attempt to start reading Nietzsche
>look up what's his best work to start with
>get suggested On the Genealogy of Morality
>reading preface
>"you should read my previous works before this to understand what i'm trying to convey"
where the fuck does one actually begin with Nietzsche?
>>
start chronologically
>>
Ever think of taking the redpill, cuck? Start with CULTURE OF CRITIQUE. By my boy KEVIN MACDONALD. Skip the bullshit and get straight to the source: this guy influenced Schopenhauer, Plato, Nietzsche, and your mom. That's how old and influential he is. Uh-huh, you can thank me later.
>>
File: 1501921980512.jpg (443KB, 1022x767px) Image search: [Google]
1501921980512.jpg
443KB, 1022x767px
Untimely Meditations or Human, All too Human
>>
>>9998334
Wrong picture, meant to link a screenshot of these posts

https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S8138345#p8138445
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S8138345#p8138523

apparently I've lost the screenshot
>>
>>9998317
>where the fuck does one actually begin with Nietzsche
You don't. You just keep reading prerequisite books until you realize that no one has actually read him.
>>
Published order like any author you brainlet
>>
>>9998371
don't let history be your prison like this guy does
>>
>>9998317
Nietzsche was a hack, and completely bananas. You should read Aquinas.
>>
>>9998332
Kevin McDonald is a closet Jew.
>>
Gay Science
>>
>>9998317
The greeks. (unironically and literally fuck all of you trolls)
>>
>>9998332
if its true that the jews have created modern society then we should be thanking them instead of getting mad. This is the best the world has ever been and anytime whites in particular are at the top of the hierarchy mass suffering and warfare ensues
>>
>>9998462
Aquinas was a hack and completely bananas. You should read Plotinus (bucko)
>>
>>9998332
How much are you getting paid for this
>>
>>9998724
Plotinus was a hack and completely bananas. You should read Aristotle (kid)
>>
>>9998758
pretty sure it's a joke dude, it's the new stirner
>>
>>9998894
Aristotle was a hack and completely bananas.
You should read Parmenides (lad)
>>
>>9998317
One thing is certain, don't start with Thus spake Zarathustra.

Human, all too Human is a good choice, the main influences being Paul Ree and the french moralists. Even if you don't know them you will have a book that covers a lot of topics in a Nietzschean way and that is rather independent. He later changes, with Zarathustra and the later works. Ecce Homo can be seen as a small recapitulation of everything said, so it can be a good choice since its a short book.

I would still recommend the chronological order, I can't really think of anything better, if you are really serious and have the time to go through the whole corpus of his work. Otherwise it might be good to start with some secondary literature and then you can mostly dive in anywhere. I'd recommend Nietzsche by RĂ¼diger Safranski. Don't know if there is a English translation.

Another great way to understand Nietzsche if you are serious about it is to read Brobjer's "Nietzsche's Philosophical Context" which is basically a book about the books that Nietzsche has read. You will gain a lot more understanding by reading some favourite works of Nietzsche like Lange's "Geschichte des Materialismus..."; Kuno Fischer and so on.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.