[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do nihilists belive in A) meaningless subjective experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1315359154564.gif (408KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1315359154564.gif
408KB, 160x120px
Do nihilists belive in

A) meaningless subjective experience
B) meaningless objective reality?

If A), why do they hate objective truth?
If B), why do they give a shit objective truth?
If both, why can't they see how meaningless objective reality can't be derived from meaningless subjective experience, and meaningful subjective experience can be created within and without a meaningless objective reality.
>>
I only respect theists and nihilists
>>
nihilists don't believe in anything, just like atheists
>>
>>9997963
Clearly they believe in something, because I've seen them doing things. An action requires interpretation and an interpretation requires belief. Without fully believing in anything you wo'nt be able to do anything.
>>
>>9998016
go to bed peterson. with that logic all organisms have beliefs because all organisms act. yet we all know that isn't the case so that means that argument is horrible
>>
>>9998047
But it is.The organism reacts to stimuli it interpretes as truth.
>>
>>9998047
Self-awareness is not a requirement for belief. Not even conscious is. Belief = interpretation and interpretation is something all matter is capable of, or the matter would otherwise not exist.
>>
>>9998016
I may still want to do something.

>>9997862
>A) meaningless subjective experience
>B) meaningless objective reality?

B implies A. That said, no nihilist can say for certain that reality is certainly meaningless, but even the most basic analysis will show you how essentially meaningless, chaotic and inconsistent is our subjective experience. This is as far as actual knowledge goes: in this case the knowledge is how inherently confusing and volatile human understanding is.

>If B), why do they give a shit objective truth?
Objective truth is just to realize that you are full of shit, and that your sense of certainity is not justifies in any way whatsoever, unless when it comes to metaphysical and human questions. This is as far as the ideal nihilist would go, everything beyond it would be pure speculation.
This implying that said nihilist is genuinely interested in what you'be described: many may simply not care about it.
>>
>>9998140
>>9998146
I reject belief = interpretation. demonstrate why that is the correct definition for the term or else I'll give your bottom 10 spankings.
>>
>>9998016
Nihilists believe that the fanciful world of language(s) CAN be negotiated, but that it's JUST that: fanciful. Otherwise how are lawyers politicians bankers businessmen able to manipulate it with such consistency? It's ALL a crock of shit, as easy to love as it is to hate. It also, weirdly, validates 'religion'. I mean there's all this other bullshit, so why not religion too? In fact it ALMOST makes religion attractive, relatively speaking (relative to 'banking,' for instance) for being FAR MORE 'human,' i.e. perennial in outlook. Montaigne, Shakespeare, Dickinson were all nihilists: it is the literary perspective PAR EXCELLENCE next to which 'politics' is just a passing fancy. The morons who insist that 'everything is political' merely look at 'everything' from a non-perennial point-of-view, and therefore 'irrationally' though not, unfortunately, irrelevantly.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.