[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in censorship? Pic related, for instance, is a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 6013398[1].jpg (27KB, 309x400px) Image search: [Google]
6013398[1].jpg
27KB, 309x400px
Do you believe in censorship?
Pic related, for instance, is a book making the argument for black people being a different species: homo erectus. All the research used to support this point is blatantly outdated or taken out of context, however a clueless reader could be compelled by the weak arguments. Should material like this be allowed to be published?
>>
What do YOU think, OP?
>>
Holy shit what an image, I am cracking up
>>
File: 753027[1].jpg (157KB, 297x475px) Image search: [Google]
753027[1].jpg
157KB, 297x475px
rights correlate to responsibilities.

the right to speech correlates to the responsibility not to cause harm......but what defines "harm"?....is a "sjw" getting triggered on tumblr being harmed?

I suspect this thread will be shit
>>
>>9996379
Generally speaking, things that are patently untrue were not published because it would damage the publisher's reputation. Now people can self-publish the lines are getting blurrier. Don't take things at face value, I guess? To answer your question, sure, it should be allowed to be published, but it won't be taken seriously because anyone knows that black people aren't Homo Erectici.
>>
>>9996379
Of course I believe in censorship. You would be a fool to deny that the literary industry, at least in america, is trend-oriented and oversaturated. Does that mean that black man is a different species than white man? No. Does it mean that you can not consider this topic literarily without hateful backlash? Yes. So yes, censorship is a real thing. Ideologies publishing ideologies.

Concerning book in OP, I've read it, and I would agree that races are at the very least different sub-species, but it matters very little in the long term, as we are a Human Race, or a Terran Race, if you will, and race based arguments are small minded.
>>
>>9996393
I think Mill's conclusion is very problematic, exactly because the distinction between harmful and safe discourse is so blurry and up to the individual; it could easily be instrumentalized by the powers that be in order to restrict freedom and facilitate tyrannies
>>
>>9996379
No that's retarded. What real-life negative impact will there be on this world if some /pol/tard reads this book? Not like anyone else will read it and take it seriously.
>>
>>9996379
Is it possible to really censor when you can't even seriously control piracy? You can make it hard to monetize, resulting in maybe lower quality fringe material, but you can't get rid of ideas.
>>
>>9996411
on the other hand, people talking shite with complete abandon and taking no responsibility for what they say has its own problems for the individual speaker (they don't have to grow up) and for society at large.
>>
>>9996397
>Erecti
>>
>>9996379
The problem with censorship is that it is used to stifle "wrong-think." What happens is that update Erectus and it is used to prove that Blacks are a subspecies ... could you handle this?
>>
>>9996379
>>9996393
Nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger; I’m one hundred per cent nigger.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.