[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the author of "my immortal" is getting pub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: frog.jpg (29KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
29KB, 600x584px
>tfw the author of "my immortal" is getting published and you are not

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/my-immortal-rose-christo-under-the-same-stars.html
>>
>>9994463

Christo was a satirical genius who masterfully deconstructed the fan fiction genre.
>>
Reminds me of how Manlytears got the copyright for Forever Alone so he could make money off legal threats to meme sites and cucked the shit out of the guy who actually made it
>>
>>9994500
That really short dude from /v/?
>>
>>9994463
>On Christo’s Tumblr site, the author says, “Macmillan Publishers hired a lawyer to vet me over the course of three days. Proofs I was able to provide included the original email address with which I signed up for fanfiction.net and a flash drive from 2006 with the first 11 chapters of My Immortal on it (unedited).”

I'm skeptical, but if it's true, I'm impressed. I never got too far into My Immortal, but what I read was pretty amazing.
>>
>>9994509
That's the one. Last I saw he was running this second life prank channel called Britbong, which is actually sort of popular or something. I had him on steam for a while but I think he removed me. I also knew this druggo Swedish kid who was part of his "crew" or whatever, I think he told me he was the one who got that big call of duty youtuber swatted.

Can literature tactfully and shrewdly explore the strange fickle digital world? New media can capture the schizophrenia and the violent pace. Perhaps books can capture the dull catatonia, whatever it's wrought by; overstimulation? moral weakness?
>>
>>9994536
shit i used to watch that channel, I just checked on it and it has been removed from youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkYBbM9YyM
>>
>>9994463
To be fair, it turns out that My Immortal was in fact intentional and brilliant, as opposed to unintentional and stupidly brilliant. So it's no wonder the woman who wrote it could get published.
>>
>>9994475
>>9995139
Agreed. In fact, I think MI can be considered literary fiction in a way. The author obviously put a lot of effort into making every line funny and it's a brilliant deconstruction of "alternative" teen subcultures.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.