[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>deal with him Hemingway >glorifying a beta cuck as the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Jamesjoyce_tuohy-ohne.jpg (10KB, 179x219px) Image search: [Google]
Jamesjoyce_tuohy-ohne.jpg
10KB, 179x219px
>deal with him Hemingway
>glorifying a beta cuck as the new messiah archetype

A loser held up by other losers.
>>
>>9992168
Hemingway was raised as a girl during his early childhood
>>
>>9992181
Hemingway fought in WW1. How can you even respect Joyce, he did nothing but copy a bunch of styles, mix things up, and call it modernism.
>>
>>9992193
"What did you do in the Great War, Mr Joyce?"
"I wrote Ulysses. What did you do?"
>>
>>9992278
>implying you can write something representative of the world around you without participating in the defining historical event of your era

Please
>>
>>9992303
>implying 1916 didn't happen
of course england has reddit spacing
>>
>>9992303
>not elevating and transcending your era.
And you call yourself an artist.
>>
>>9992319
You cant transcend unless youve actually faced a real struggle to overcome.

>inb4 being a lonely beta cuck and not having anyone to relate to at university is more of a struggle than serving in the most horrifying war the world had seen at that point (see: shellshock)
>>
>>9992316
Modernism was a reaction to the breakdown of conventional christian values due to the horrors of WW1. Its an attempt to replace those values with something else: art, nationalism, bitches, etc. How can you fully understand that if you didnt experience it firsthand?
>>
>>9992303
>non serviam
You clearly haven't read much Joyce, have you?
>>
>>9992616
I think joyce is great. Ive read everything but Finnegans Wake. Devils advocate man
>>
>>9992168
>beta cuck
Shut the FUCK up!
>>
>>9992181
>what is breeching
The brainlets on this board
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.