[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do we deal with the problem of consciousness impermanence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1492243201999.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492243201999.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
So how do we deal with the problem of consciousness impermanence?

To be teleported via the induction of your physical matrix into a mechanised data bank and re-assembled at a distant location is no different, with respect to what your consciousness experiences, than losing consciousness in the process of sleep.

We die each night, we die every minute. A stranger awakens in your body and in your bed and in your clothes each morning. Never knowing that the memories they hold as accurate reflections of reality are nothing but the imprints of a decision making process that has turned to ash, and seen it born from them.

The nature of consciousness is such that any break in experiential sensation runs parallel to that of any other break. Meaning there is no such thing as consciousness permanence. Sleep and death are cognitively identical sets of stimuli.

Has anyone ever tackled the problem as to why we shouldn't just kill ourselves?
>>
I did, thou in particuluar shouldst.
>>
>>9991042
Son you're upsetting my 160 IQ.
>>
>>9991036
Wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have such a mystical view of consciousness, but admittedly it's hard not to.

Your consciousness is instantiated by a stimulated nervous structure. It is different every time but loosely the same enough throughout it's time to be named. There may be no thread connectecting all the iterations of yourself other than the history of your structure and I'm not quite sure why that isn't adequate anyway. Also would explain why consciousness is even

I don't see why you would kill yourself over it.
>>
>>9991134
Even localized*
>>
>>9991036

Garfield... that's not good for you.
>>
File: 1502581657303.png (256KB, 767x750px) Image search: [Google]
1502581657303.png
256KB, 767x750px
Wow, so a drunk cunt gives you some real shit and you fuckers just ignore it.
>>
>>9991036
>To be teleported via the induction of your physical matrix into a mechanised data bank and re-assembled at a distant location is no different, with respect to what your consciousness experiences, than losing consciousness in the process of sleep.

WHOOOAAAAA hold up man where did you get a teleporter lamo
>>
>>9991161
Nice imij
>>
>>9991036
i can guarantee that you will no longer worry about this within seconds of dying.
>>
>We die each night
so when you wake up you have a surprise lol
>>
>Theseus' ship in 2017
>>
>>9991036
If we (as in, {I} as a {we}) handle it every moment of our lives, could we not handle it similarly in the potential events? Sure enough, a new encounter with the subject may introduce this problem from a new angle, but you certainly didn't offer us one. Yet. Perhaps it depends on the experience.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.