[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got all of my rejections back. One publisher called it interesting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: lyfe.jpg (27KB, 600x221px) Image search: [Google]
lyfe.jpg
27KB, 600x221px
I got all of my rejections back.

One publisher called it interesting. Another wrote, "our reader would like to send a special greeting, saying that the book was well-written and literary, the craftsmanship is skillful."

They won't publish it because it isn't fitting. Essentially, it isn't a detective novel or a celebrity biography.
>>
>>9982368
maybe you got nice pre-written rejection answers
>>
>>9982368
You should still be encouraged by rejection letters that are anything other than form. I'm having a similar problem with mine. It doesn't fit neatly into any genre and has strong, Christian themes. Christian pubs won't touch it because there's swearing and mature themes so it's in a no-man's land for literary works. So now, I'm writing a Western that's more accessible.
>>
File: lyfeislyfe.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lyfeislyfe.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>9982800
No, they pre-written one's are all the same: Thank you, sorry, good luck.

>>9983076
I try. Good luck. Lord of the Rings has strong Christian themes as well, but an ignorant man might not take notice. Perhaps you're making sure everyone does?
>>
This isn't your blog shitheel. Either post your work or go fuck yourself back to /v/, or /tv/ or whatever hole you crawled from.
>>
>>9983447
Ignore this asshat.

Forget publishers, I read my shit during comedy night.
>>
File: islyfe.jpg (37KB, 459x344px) Image search: [Google]
islyfe.jpg
37KB, 459x344px
>>9983585
comedy night on television that is, alone in my chair. the only company a bottle of the cheapest whiskey, because it isn't the cheapest vodka
>>
>>9982368
go with an indie print ya dumb dumb.
>>
they're basically saying: it's an ok book, but it isn't going to sell.

You should be happy for the input. If you were to keep pushing, and get this thing published, only to find out that everyone is right and it doesn't sell, you're going to wish you never published it in the first place.

The key to getting published isn't just getting a book with your name on it printed up, because nobody besides yourself ultimately cares about that, it's to actually become successful too.

Take what you learned, and work on something better.
>>
>>9982368
Good job OP, be proud. Your book isn't shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.