[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this book good? I read a Bram Stoker short story called Dracula's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

is this book good? I read a Bram Stoker short story called Dracula's Guest and it was shit, but Dracula himself sounds like a cool guy.
>>
>>9980918
It's a great book up until Jon Snow is murdered by the Night's Watch.
>>
>>9980946
did I just read a spoiler in the first post of the thread or are you making joke
>>
I enjoyed it quite a bit but I like that style of writing.
>>
>>9980918
It's very nice, both on the surface level of the plot, surface, characters, etc. and for all it reveals about the repressed undercurrents of Victorian society. You can tell a lot about people by what scares them.
>>
If I remember right he eats a baby I don't think you can get any cooler than that.
>>
I was expecting to hate it, but ended up enjoying it. Just give it a try, anon. You're not going to know if you'll like it until you read it for yourself.
>>
>>9980918
it's okay, good for entry-level horror
read up and join us on the horror threads, anon
>>
>>9980918
Read up to when Jonathan Harker's journal first ends
the rest can be skipped
>>
>>9980952
He's talking about Game of Thrones.

>>9980918
Dracula is great but it's not necessarily a horror novel if that's what you're looking for. There's definitely moments that'll give you gentle spooks and it's a lot of fun, but expect more about unconditional friendships, distant relationships, loyalty, respect and determination. You might fall in love with Mina Harker like everyone else does.
>>
>>9981546
"NO"
>>
>>9981473
I know I won't like milk and honey.
>>
>>9980918
I loved it. Dracula was portrayed as a bastard, not some suave Euro Chad. I was quite scared for Mina as Stoker made the reader care for her.
>>
File: 1499725862771.jpg (31KB, 478x333px) Image search: [Google]
1499725862771.jpg
31KB, 478x333px
>>9980918
>draculas guest was shit
Then don't bother. Draculas guest is a great introduction to Dracula
>>
>>9983193
really? I thought it was absolutely terrible. The part that was supposed to be exciting and spooky was lame as heck to me
>>
File: 5y445.jpg (46KB, 468x700px) Image search: [Google]
5y445.jpg
46KB, 468x700px
Mina Harker is the greatest female character that has ever been created on paper. She is the perfect women.
>>
>>9980918

It's awesome right up until dawn found Dany squatting in the grass, groaning, stool looser than the one before, and smelling fouler.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.