[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we subvert safe, middlebrow atheist reddit science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: reddigut.jpg (18KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
reddigut.jpg
18KB, 250x314px
How can we subvert safe, middlebrow atheist reddit science culture? Pic related
>>
smoke heroin
>>
>>9980787
It already has been subverted, science is a joke reduced to another political arena and atheism is for virgins and has a very poor public perception.
Reddit subverts itself due to how the site is set up.
>>
>>9980801
This.
Black science man is hated on the site now.
3 years ago that would be unheard of.
>>
>>9980787
as long as lowbrow edgy right wing culture can also be subverted
>>
>>9980825
Dude it has, since people are contrarians and a Repub is president being liberal is the next big meme, and the extreme right worships a Zionist neocon businessman.
>>
>>9980801
>>9980809
Atheists are the biggest religious minority in the United States and are or near majorities in many European countries.

Canada is 23% atheist.

Now explain what you mean with all your buzzwords.
>Middlebrow
>Safe
>atheist
>reddit
>Science culture.
>>
>>9980838
Truth is most people don't take religion seriously nor really care about it. Despite the USA being majority Christian most Christians in the United States do not observe their religion's lifestyles. People have been disliking atheists since the beginning of the new 10s when they became relevant and often were unpleasant to deal with.
>>
>>9980825
It's inherently self defeating and subversive.

We need to destroy Reddit by canceling rick and morty
>>
File: 1496378495276.jpg (20KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
1496378495276.jpg
20KB, 252x212px
Periodic reminder that the dialectic of the 21st century (in western europe) will obnoxious de grasse tyson-athiesm vs Nasheed-watching edgy Islamism.

I want to get off Mr Bone's wild ride
>>
>>9980885
Underrated post
>>9980898
Islamist themselves do not have a significant platform in the west
>>
>>9980906
>Islamist themselves do not have a significant platform in the west
This. White liberals scoring social capital by being nice to the local Muslim, yes, but the Muslim himself can't get a word in edgewise.
>>
>>9980885
> destroy reddit by canceling rick and morty
I am unironically with you on this
>>
The way to subvert both Reddit atheism and lazy atheism like >>9980848 is just to be an unironic Christian. It requires actually believing in the Bible and following the teachings of a church. The effect is greater if you happen to follow one of the old Apostolic Churches, but even Protestantism will do.
>>
>>9981861
>It requires actually believing in the Bible and following the teachings of a church

so a non-solution then.

Next
>>
>>9980787
read nietzsche
>the ascetic ideal
>>
>>9980848
People are not generally the best judges of their own experiences.

Perhaps the reason that some perceive atheists to be unpleasant is because they have to confront the basis of their beliefs?

By all means believe what you want, have faith, and be a nice person. Most religious folks i have met have been that way. But when people try to go full-autism and try to scientifically rationalize things that are so thoroughly explained by science it becomes a lot easier to make fun of.

Its like the difference between a communist who believes in the ethics of everyone being equal and comfortable vs a communist who ACTUALLY believes that communism is the most viable and efficient system.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.