[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fact that he died at fucking 46 is the most bullshit thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Albert-Camus.jpg (15KB, 537x360px) Image search: [Google]
Albert-Camus.jpg
15KB, 537x360px
The fact that he died at fucking 46 is the most bullshit thing ever. It's not fair bros, there was so much more for him to do.
>>
>>9977722
Like what?
>>
>>9977729
Write good shit and resist the childish throttle of nihilism.
>>
That's what you get for being le edgy smoker man!
>>
yeah bro just like be yourself bro
>>
File: 1503264229728.png (277KB, 469x452px) Image search: [Google]
1503264229728.png
277KB, 469x452px
>>9977722
>>
>>9978831
He died in a car accident

>>9977722
He peaked pretty early imo. The Fall is a bad book, just him beating that same dead horse. The Plague is his best and I doubt he could have topped it. I can see why people like >>9978881 dislike him, his philosophy isn't very nuanced and his novels are just a vehicle for it. Like, everything contained in The Stranger and Sisyphus should be self-apparent to someone living in this day and age. He could occasionally bust out some moving passages though, but nothing to warrant the reputation he now has.
>>
>>9978900
I know but karma is a bitch.
>>
>>9978900
>Like, everything contained in The Stranger and Sisyphus should be self-apparent to someone living in this day and age.
I don't know what you think most people are like but the majority have minimal philosophical leanings and would never consider anything of the sort of what Camus wrote about. I once told my Mum about The Myth of Sisyphus and Camus' ideas and she said 'that's depressing' and never gave it a second thought. Most people are the same
>>
>>9978900
>He died in a car accident
Because he was distracted by smoking so many cigarettes.
>>
>>9978924
This combined with not caring for anything really does make for bad car accidents to be honest with you family.
>>
>>9977722
Hope he's pushing the great boulder in the sky right now RIP
>>
Remember to never waste a good train ticket, even if your friend is offering you a ride in his sports car.
>>
>live in the moment

>don't kill yourself, you have so much potential

>optimistic nihilism
>>
>>9978900
The Fall is an amazing book, I can't name many characters who are better explored and more representative of the crises faced by many men in the modern era.

He was a great writer, way better than Sartre, way better at identifying what other men are going through and putting it to words. Sartre's philosophy describes himself.
>>
>>9978914
Eh, selection bias I guess. Most if not all of the people I regularly spend time with have at least a mild philosophical inclination, and they all moved past Camus quite awhile ago.

>>9979017
I thought he was intolerable. Just a loathsome monologue by a loathsome man. I don't see him as a well-developed character, mostly just a generic stand-in for modern ennui. And I'm thoroughly tired of hearing about modern ennui. The format was the most interesting thing about the book, and even that was fairly gimmicky.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.