[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are the /lit/-approved authors still alive and producing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 149810927651.jpg (94KB, 660x515px) Image search: [Google]
149810927651.jpg
94KB, 660x515px
Who are the /lit/-approved authors still alive and producing work worth reading outside of the memes?
>>
why can't you approve an author yourself you fucking lemming
>>
>>9977547
Maybe because I'm just looking for recommendations from somewhat-likeminded people, you fucking nigger. KYS yourself ASAP.
>>
>>9977580
>somewhat-likeminded people
You don't know anyone here

nobody does

stop living in a shit-fantasy
>>
>>9977537
Dmitry Bykov, Salman Rushdie and Vollmann are not too meme-y. Vollmann is on the verge, though.

Also a shit-ton of asians, just google the literary awards of the last five years.
>>
>>9977537

I'll stand up for Franzen even though /lit/ doesn't care for him. Houllebecq is /r9k/ with a Thesaurus. My boy Knausgaard is fucking awesome, he's basically the "Airing of Grievances" part of Festivus over the course of thousands of pages
>>
>>9977587
>You need to know people on a first-name-basis to agree with their train of thought
I'll pray for a cure for your mental illness

>>9977599
>I'll stand up for Franzen even though /lit/ doesn't care for him
I read Freedom and wasn't all that moved. Is anything else better?
>>
>>9977537
The theoretical problem with spoonfeeding is that it increases entropy within the closed system. This is somewhat obvious to any outside observer: the character, or profile of the recepient inevitably becomes a linear combination of already present profiles. Two emergent phenomena are pendulum motion and/or tumorous redistribution. Pendulum motion is characterised by a collective attempt of the spoonfed to build their unique identity, which can only be performed through contrarianism - as such, all present consensuses periodically switch to their negative form, which prohibits any actual change of their contents. Synthethis becomes impossible, and opinions on any issue conform to a strict axis rather than being diverse in quality. The second phenomena is tumorous redistribution, which manifests in more popular opinions merging together and completely pushing out the rest - and at that point, the pendulum usually starts. Those two effects invariably lead to a community's demise. As such, spoonfeeding is undoubtedly harmful, as most other examples of direct transplants of knowledge or institutions.
>>
>>9977599
Purity was hilariously shitty. It was like if DFW wrote IJ in 2015 - it reeks of trying to fit with the times and ending up just late enough.

Houllebecq is unexpectedly great.
>>
>>9977609
syntax-only modalities of communication are unexpectedly deceptive in conveying any essential personal qualities

level playing field, ..fantasy of the highest order to be sure, but still a fantasy
>>
>>9977616
Excessively verbose but a genuinely interesting analysis. Thanks anon.
>>
>>9977648
>>9977641
>Samefagging this hard

>>9977624
Will look into Houllebecq
>>
>>9977616
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_xdvn52As
>>
>>9977537
Ruth Ozeki for English/American lit
>>
let me redbull you
Knausgaard - moeshit mixed with philosophical platitudes, a pseud magnet
Houllebecq - Andrea Dworkin for r9k, thinly veiled political pamphleteering
Vollmann - don't have an opinion on him, remember opening a random page of Atlas and getting second hand embarassment from it
Franzen - lol
Rushdie - has-been with two decent novels
Cesar Aira - passable
>>
>>9977616
saved
>>
>>9977537
I like George Saunders. Idk if he's been mentioned in this thread and I don't care enough to check.

Start with the 400 pound CEO, fun, short read that really encompasses his style.
>>
>>9977616
Have you recently read Hegel or something? Your writing is pretentious as fuck even through I found some insight. Work on it.
>>
>>9977537
Krasznahorkai gets my vote
>>
Tao Lin...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.