[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He hasn't preordered Turtles All The Way Down by John

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 149809732901.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
149809732901.png
490KB, 449x401px
>He hasn't preordered Turtles All The Way Down by John Green, available October 10, 2017
>>
>>9977303
Green references Russel. The cucks flock together. Really makes you think.
>>
I'm gonna try to meet him on his book tour
>>
You actually get paid to market him here? I know that happens all the time on other boards but /lit/ seems like a waste of time.
>>
this novel sounds awful and genuinely cucked
>>
Though the title might suggest a focus on the hard-shelled animals, publisher Dutton Books, an imprint of Penguin Young Readers, says the novel “begins with a fugitive billionaire and a cash reward. It is about lifelong friendship, the intimacy of an unexpected reunion, Star Wars fan fiction, and tuatara. But at its heart is Aza Holmes, a young woman navigating daily existence within the ever-tightening spiral of her own thoughts.” The16-year-old protagonist grapples with mental illness as she investigates the disappearance of the billionaire.
>>
>>9979010

In 2015, Green admitted on Reddit that he has obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety, writing, “I’ve known that I have this mental illness for a long time, and I’ve had a lot of therapy and learned a lot of strategies for dealing with my illness.”

In a statement from the publisher, Green said, “This is my first attempt to write directly about the kind of mental illness that has affected my life since childhood, so while the story is fictional, it is also quite personal.”
>>
>>9979016
The phrase “turtles all the way down” is an expression used to illustrate a logical problem in cosmology, the study of the origins and fate of the universe. In an oft-used anecdote, a professor tries to explain the solar system, only to have someone in the audience argue in favor of the ancient myth suggesting the earth is flat and rests on the back of a giant World Turtle. The professor asks what the turtle is standing on, and the audience member says it’s on the back of another turtle. Attempting to show the logical problem with the myth, the professor asks what’s beneath the second turtle. The audience member humorously responds, “It’s turtles all the way down.”
>>
>In 2015, Green admitted on Reddit that he has obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety, writing, “I’ve known that I have this mental illness for a long time, and I’ve had a lot of therapy and learned a lot of strategies for dealing with my illness.”

>In a statement from the publisher, Green said, “This is my first attempt to write directly about the kind of mental illness that has affected my life since childhood, so while the story is fictional, it is also quite personal.”

The DSM was a mistake
>>
>>9977303
This meme is old and you're not funny anymore. You are, in fact, so unfunny that you need to resort to stealing memes online for (You)'s. Let the state of your life sink through your skull.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.