[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MFW I can't convey the profound ideas, observations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 1504350930704.jpg (62KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1504350930704.jpg
62KB, 500x469px
>MFW I can't convey the profound ideas, observations or thoughts in my head because I have a terrible vocabulary.
>>
>>9975208
Get off your high horse and acknowledge that nothing is "profound". If you think you're profound then you're just doing the ol' pretentious mental masturbation.
>>
If you can't convey them because of your terrible vocabulary how can you have these thoughts in the first place
>>
>>9975310
Its called intuition
Read Kant and stop plebbing around
>>
Ha, if you only had the vocab...
Then it'd be something else in the way. You'd speak, if you had anything to say.
>>
File: DH020oCXUAEbcZv.jpg (69KB, 981x559px) Image search: [Google]
DH020oCXUAEbcZv.jpg
69KB, 981x559px
>>9975208
>tfw genius maths indian boy with an algebra book
>>
>>9975314
?
if one is able to have so-called profound thoughts with a shit vocabulary then they are able to convey them with this shit vocabulary because they were able to think of them in the first place. we think with words. we write those words.
>>
>>9975326
i noped so hard
you think in words,other people think in images
therefore they can't convert those images to words properly
>>
>>9975208
>I'm a math genius, I just don't understand the formulas that convey my ideas
>I'm a business genius, I just don't have the money or the investors or customers to put my ideas into practise
>I'm a music savant, I just can't use the instruments to demonstrate it
>I'm a good singer, I just can't hit the notes to prove it
>I'm a genius philosopher, I just don't know the logic or rhetoric to reveal it

Anon, did you ever consider the possibility that you're just lazy?
>>
>>9975340
how does one come up with profound ideas as images
>>
>>9975326
>we think with words
Thought are conceptual. If you actually think out words in your head then you're low IQ.
>>
other than just reading, what are the best ways to improve your vocabulary?
>>
>>9975348
i don't know
since i was little i couldn't think in words, all i can do is imagine scenes and images
even when i write i keep imagining people and colors,trees and can almost feel the breeze
which makes it hard for me to put my thoughts into words
>>
>>9975303
don't listen to this trash
it just drags you down to their (pleb) level
>>
>>9975362
you're probably autistic. people on the autistic spectrum think more with images than with language.
>>
>>9975349
How can you even hope to understand complex concepts without language?
>>
>>9975378
won't feel surprised if i was
but i'm not
some people think differently,doesn't mean they're autistic
>>
>>9975383
it's hard but we can......
i can imagine atoms,electrons,see math equations in my head..etc...
>>
>>9975386
>reads deleuze once
>>
>>9975378
>>9975383
found the brainlets
>>
How many shitposting threads does /lit/ need to have at once?
>>
>>9975396
i called them brainlets so im smart :^)
>>
>>9975393
>see math equations in my head
found the pseud, how's high school?
>>
>>9975417
did you know that people can study maths in college?
the more you know
you're welcome
>>
>>9975208
then you may as well not have them.
>>
>>9975318
>normie memes
I hope you posted this ironically
>>
>tfw you don't know if you think with words or images
I just feel tbqh
>>
I've seen websites to test your vocabulary. Are there any that help you improve your vocabulary?
>>
>>9975208
Read, nigga. Literally just fucking read.
>>
>>9975208
If you can't express yourself in simple terms, you may need to rethink your ideas a bit
>>
I've used a GRE prep app to success.
>>
File: 1493824263479.jpg (32KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1493824263479.jpg
32KB, 399x388px
>>9975349
>tfw whenever I have a fully formed concept in my head I feel the need to think it out in words
>>
>>9976241
I don't know of any websites, sorry. But there's a series of manuals that really helped me improve mine. They're called books and they let you learn new words while also enjoying an interesting story or set of ideas. They sometimes cost money, but you can get some of them for free at a place called a library or even on the internet! I really recommend you use books, anon.
>>
>>9975310
you don't think in explicit words, you think in concepts with bits of made up sensory-like information to solidify them.
>>
>>9975348
>>9975362
maybe because it's possibly a packed thought?
>>
>>9975310

Really? I don't know music theory and I can hear full songs in my head.
>>
>>9975352
Vocabulary.com is pretty good. You can add lists of words from various subjects, adjectives that relate to some particular subject or words used frequently by an author you like.
>>
>>9975208

TFW you realize they invented something called a Thesaurus.
>>
File: 1502849509453.png (40KB, 741x609px) Image search: [Google]
1502849509453.png
40KB, 741x609px
>>9975310
my thoughts are wordless, your words are thoughtless
>>
>>9977028
u dont need to understand music theory to think about music, but i'm relatively sure you need to understand language in order to think thoughts
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.