[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started reading Gravity's Rainbow, and within the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: DFN1MP4VwAA5YOO.jpg (139KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
DFN1MP4VwAA5YOO.jpg
139KB, 1024x683px
I started reading Gravity's Rainbow, and within the first 90 pages I've lost all desire to read anything.

What happened
>>
>>9975195
Performance anxiety
>>
Your reading-comprehension is not where it ought to be.
>>
>>9975195

mountain lion..
>>
>>9975204
easy on the raw meat
>>
File: output_Ov7rtW.gif (240KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
output_Ov7rtW.gif
240KB, 300x400px
>>9975195
A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
It is too late. The Evacuation still proceeds, but it’s all theatre. There are
no lights inside the cars. No light anywhere. Above him lift girders old as an
iron queen, and glass somewhere far above that would let the light of day
through. But it’s night. He’s afraid of the way the glass will fall—soon—it will
be a spectacle: the fall of a crystal palace. But coming down in total blackout,
without one glint of light, only great invisible crashing.
>>
t r y a n d t i c k l e m e
>>
>>9975195
Awww datsa fat kitty ^_^
>>
Because it's an extremely boring book that you are pressured to read and claim to enjoy and talk about its "profound insights". You now procrastinate reading it but also procrastinate reading anything else as well.

You will eventually tell yourself you can give up because it's been so long since you read it so you've forgotten too much to start reading from page 90 again. You will see the "xD pine cone is le so le random" posts on lit in a new light. Are they serious? Do they really think the book was funny? You smiled a few times but who would call the book hilarious? Was that guy who kept calling lit "pseuds" on to something?
>>
>>9975412
Did you even finish it? Just curious, it's fine if you didn't like it.
>>
P Y N C H E D
>>
WaR iS a CeLeBrAtIoN oF mArKeTs lol
>>
>>9975412
I thought some parts were funny in the first 90 pages, like the special ink that is only visible after ejaculating onto it.

I'll try to sit down and read it for at least an hour tonight to try and get over the hump (something similar happened when I read V.)
>>
>>9975591
If you've read Tommy, maybe you just don't like him.
>>
>>9975195
It's a poor man's catch 22
>>
File: 1428795718587.png (172KB, 1024x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1428795718587.png
172KB, 1024x1096px
>>9975737
Don't you ever insult Catch-22 like that again.
>>
>>9975195
EASY
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.