[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK can I find a career that gives me enough time and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

How the FUCK can I find a career that gives me enough time and energy to write on the side, without being poor as fuck? I admit, I don't want to give myself away to my art, not so much because I mind a poor lifestyle, but because I won't be able to handle the fucking blowback from my family. Also, it seems like a lonely and terrible lifestyle to spend your whole day in your room writing. You anons got any advice?
>>
File: 6002852.jpg (85KB, 797x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6002852.jpg
85KB, 797x1000px
>caring about money
>>
>>9972871
>How the FUCK can I find a career that gives me enough time and energy to write on the side
not possible. unless you're a girl in which case you can literally make $5 every 2-3 minutes on tinder
>>
>>9972876
I don't care that much, to be honest, I mostly care about being a fucking disappointment to my family
>>
Security guard
>>
File: CountriesHoursWorkedYear.png (42KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
CountriesHoursWorkedYear.png
42KB, 1024x512px
>>9972871
Financier
Alternatively, live in one of the following countries
>>
>>9972961
those lazy german fucks
>>
>>9972871
Work in education, you can have 3 months off
Work in contracting, and only take the jobs that you decide you have time for
Work as an IT guy and convince everyone in your office that rebooting computers and installing printers takes days
>>
>>9972876
> caring about starving to death or being beaten to death by the cops for being homeless before you can finish your novel

OP: i work in a factory. novel's coming out in a few weeks. fucking deal with it.
>>
>>9973029
Said no one ever
>>
File: følelser.jpg (102KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
følelser.jpg
102KB, 800x585px
>>9972961
Mmh Scandinavian feels

And to OP; I would advice you to limit your expenses (that is extremly important), and then just find a part time job (which is 20-25 hours here). It's perfect.
>>
>>9972876
I know you're probably memeing but being poor as fuck gets old. I'm 29, I spent most of my twenties in grad school and doing a couple of internships I found interesting. Now most of my college friends are making a living, travelling every year, buying nice food and gizmos. It's hard to be jealous. Being a poor college students seems cool. Being a poor thirty-something feels like a failure. It's a part of social conditioning, I guess.
>>
>>9973944
There's nothing wrong with you. It's only human to want to be accepted by your peers. If you grew up in a household that respected intellectual achievment or something over wealth, then you would feel pressure in a different area. I think it is an immensely brave act to attempt to break out of the cycle of capitalism, but it goes against human nature and wishes, isolating oneself in a way that few can handle. There's a reason I think that only truly great spiritual figures or wealthy people like Wittgenstein or Tolstoy roleplaying as poor people could pull this off: in he first hand they had transcended human nature, and in the second, they were simply pretending to have done so without truly doing so, propped up always with the possibility of economic security and social acceptance
>>
The only way is to sacrifice sleep.
>>
>>9972871
Become a night watchman.
Write while on the clock, pretend to be looking at screens (no one will ever try to rob anything anyway, dumbfuck)
>>
>>9972871
best idea is probably low maintenance/autonomous work that allows you to hone your craft. if you're into writing, become a freelance journalist, create a website promoting your writing, offer services, create a patreon etc.>>9972871
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.