[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw to intelligent to not be an optimistic nihilist htt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: tfw2intelligent.jpg (54KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
tfw2intelligent.jpg
54KB, 680x598px
>tfw to intelligent to not be an optimistic nihilist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14
>>
nice bandwagoning
>>
File: hmmmmm.png (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmm.png
42KB, 500x500px
>>9971768

Basically, do whatever makes you happy in life, because you'll die and be forgotten?
>>
>>9971768
>optimistic nihilism

Isn't this a contradiction? Nihilism discards all praxis and value
>>
>nah man, life doesn't have any real meaning so why not just do stuff you enjoy, bro? as long as you aren't hurting other people! science kinda 'figured out' philosophy; all you have to do is be a skeptic materialist because otherwise you might have to have personal convictions!
>>
>>9971834
Sounds good. Problem?
>>
is it even physically possible for a normie to understand what nihilism is
>>
uh is this not entirely what nietzsche figured out 250 years ago
>>
>>9971768
>to
>>
>>9972137
its the opposite of what he figured out
>>
>>9972150
i didn't watch the video but i assumed it's "dude just find your own meaning lmao".
>>
>>9972228
what's your definition of "being allienated"?
>>
>>9971834
seems kinda comfy desu flemelem
>>
File: gnome child.png (147KB, 278x375px) Image search: [Google]
gnome child.png
147KB, 278x375px
>>9971834
>Lo! I show you the Last Man.
>"What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?" -- so asks the Last Man, and blinks.
>The earth has become small, and on it hops the Last Man, who makes everything small. His species is ineradicable as the flea; the Last Man lives longest.
>"We have discovered happiness" -- say the Last Men, and they blink.
>They have left the regions where it is hard to live; for they need warmth. One still loves one's neighbor and rubs against him; for one needs warmth.
>Turning ill and being distrustful, they consider sinful: they walk warily. He is a fool who still stumbles over stones or men!
>A little poison now and then: that makes for pleasant dreams. And much poison at the end for a pleasant death.
>One still works, for work is a pastime. But one is careful lest the pastime should hurt one.
>One no longer becomes poor or rich; both are too burdensome. Who still wants to rule? Who still wants to obey? Both are too burdensome.
>No shepherd, and one herd! Everyone wants the same; everyone is the same: he who feels differently goes voluntarily into the madhouse.
>"Formerly all the world was insane," -- say the subtlest of them, and they blink.
>They are clever and know all that has happened: so there is no end to their derision. People still quarrel, but are soon reconciled -- otherwise it upsets their stomachs.
>They have their little pleasures for the day, and their little pleasures for the night, but they have a regard for health.
>"We have discovered happiness," -- say the Last Men, and they blink.
>>
>>9971834
this unironically
>>
>man invented god because he made things less scary

Entire history of Western Philosophy, Indo-European Traditions, Platonists, Neo-platonists, Christianity, all pre-Enlightenment thinkers completely and utterly BTFO in one fell swoop and EXPOSED as big scaredy cats.
>>
>>9971834
>as long as you aren't hurting other people!
non sequitur desu
>>
>>9971850
>>9972401
>>9972473
personally I'd never want to have any of you as friends because you just seem like uninteresting and generally apathetic people. enjoy your mediocre lives i guess
>>
>>9972531
>video promotes humanist actions
>calls itself nihilism
it's actually just reddit: the """philosophy"""
>>
>>9972542
ironic
>>
>>9972415
sounds pretty cozy tbqh
>>
>>9972553
yeah it's just rebranded secular liberal progressive humanism desu
>>
>>9972415
i think if humans accept their inferiority ie that they're bugs in the face of higher intelligence ie ai, why should we not resign ourselves to our fate and live out in our meager happiness?
>>
What is even the point of saying "stars aren't made for us." From a human perspective the stars might as well have been painted onto he dome of the sky just for you to look at them. And the only perspective you can have is a human perspective.
>>
>>9971768
>close your eyes, count to one. That's how long forever feels.

Dang.
>>
>>9972137
>250
way off the mark buddy
>>
File: 4367284632.png (53KB, 822x197px) Image search: [Google]
4367284632.png
53KB, 822x197px
pessimist nihilists btfo
>>
>>9972542
sounds like you dont have any.
>>
>>9972686
damn...
>>
>>9972686
>Nihilism doesn't mean you can't have a moral compass
YES IT LITERALLY DOES
>>
File: 444.jpg (16KB, 200x271px) Image search: [Google]
444.jpg
16KB, 200x271px
>>9971834

*autistic screeching*
>>
>>9972492

Cruzaders and sea explorers were such pussies, they would have no chance against atheist male feminist reddiors.
>>
>>9972492
It's not like the second World War and following fear of nuclear destruction would have resulted in generations of cowards.
>>
>>9971807
Even if you are remembered, it could very well not be till centuries after your lonely death and you'll never know.
>>
>>9972675
wow epic. you know math.
>>
>>9972721
I think he has confused ethics preferences with moral compass
>>
File: 1501297059027.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1501297059027.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>9972492
All of that actually is less scary than a chaotic, unpredictable, indifferent world.

>>9972753
eehhh...
>>
>>9972792
>ultimately math has no meaning, bro, just use the figures that you find personally fulfilling
>>
>>9972673
>really makes you think
>>
>tfw from the thumbnail of the video alone I already knew it was going to be some Reddit-esque rebranding of IFLScience! materialism and "progressive" humanism into something oxymoronic

there's nothing nihilistic about what this FAGGOT is preaching
>>
>>9972648
You're such a cuck Sven
>>
>>9972415
what a fucking prophet he was
>>
>>9972931
>All of that actually is less scary than a chaotic, unpredictable, indifferent world.

The Christian worldview is one in which you may be suspended eternally in a state of inexpressible, unimaginable suffering if you do the wrong thing as determined by an infinitely powerful meta-cosmic omniscient hyperintelligence.

That's much more frightening than a lifetime that, be it pleasurable or painful, has nothing in store for it at the end but quiet darkness.
>>
>>9972661
What if, in the future, we learned that the stars had been put there for a definite purpose?
>>
>>9972648
>wanting to be cucked by robots
Land pls go away
>>
>>9971768
>LOL NOTHING MATTERS JUST DO WHAT YOU LIKE AND BE "HAPPY"
Deep.
>>
my favourite thing about this guy is his democracy video where he compares global deaths in the past to recent years and lists the rawnda as "countries with over 10,000 deaths"
>>
File: g.jpg (74KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
74KB, 640x360px
>>9972648
this desu

hope robomommy is nice to us :3
>>
>>9974677
>guy

It's an entire team of pro-refugee germans working around the clock
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.