[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to finish the LOTR trilogy. Recommend any other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 7c3e1e42a5b47102afb7b87b5ea2cd3f.jpg (873KB, 2865x1287px) Image search: [Google]
7c3e1e42a5b47102afb7b87b5ea2cd3f.jpg
873KB, 2865x1287px
I'm about to finish the LOTR trilogy. Recommend any other good fantasy or maybe some sword and sorcery that I could find at my local comfy used bookstore.

(I read the first Malazan book, couldn't get into it.)
>>
>>9971610
How about go fuck yourself, hows that for a recommendation.
The board is called /lit/ thats short for literature not pulp garbage
>>
>>9971610
Dresden Files.
Worm
Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Luminosity
>>
>>9971621
Why are science fiction and fantasy threads the most popular threads on this board then? Checkmate, triggered virgin. Fuck outta here
>>
>>9971621
The pulp garbage of yesterday is the literature of tomorrow.
>>
Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy
>>
>>9971610
>trilogy
Stop
>>
>The...
>The Hedge Knight.
>The Grim Company.
>The Red Knight.
>The Waking Fire.
>The First Law.
>The Black Company.
>The Crown Tower or Theft of Swords.
Not sure about
>Prince of Thorns.
>Traitor's Blade.
These are the series/first books of a series that I plan on reading.

I'm currently reading the Witcher Series.
The Last Wish was ok some really good stories, skipped 1/3 of Sword of Destiny cause it was shit, now I'm at the Ciri part, and it's ok, and needed for all the rest of the series.
>>
File: 9780425281598_p0_v1_s550x406[1].jpg (35KB, 270x406px) Image search: [Google]
9780425281598_p0_v1_s550x406[1].jpg
35KB, 270x406px
>>9971766
>I also wish to read this cause they say it's great, but that the other 2 are terrible.
>>
>>9971698
Only a tiny miniscule fraction of it. Most is just as the name suggests pulped and recycled into a new batch of garbage
>>
>>9971610
Sadly Malazan is one of the best series ever made. It even has proper gray characters, a non linear story and the main "evil guy" actually makes you think about life and sense in a good way.
It has its few flaws(mainly the 1st book- Gardens of the Moon) that it requires a full concentration- but the second book blows it out of the water. And its all uphill from there.
Each book has a small "wat" moment that makes it super short of perfect- but its well damn most imaginative, original and unique series out there
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.