[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh my god there are still so many boring as fuck books I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2687.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2687.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
Oh my god there are still so many boring as fuck books I have to read. Moby dick, the idiot, demons, Anna Karenina, the works of Austen, Faulkner, Chaucer, Gogol, Chekhov, Shakespeare, Cervantes, Hemingway, Proust, Tolstoy, gibbon, and on and fucking on.

The huge majority of those books will be boring as fuck.
>>
>>9970366
>have to read
What did he mean by this?
>>
>posts frogs
>talks studip
why do these correlate so much?
>>
>>9970366
>I only read LeCanon: /lit/ version
never gonna make it
>>
>>9970366
Same desu

>>9970370
He probably wants the philosophical insight they can provide since they are more often than not referenced or influencing things everywhere. But most of them are arduous or generally shit reads. Tolstoy was absolute cancer.
>>
>>9970391

Yeah and i forgot. And all the reading outwith the canon I have to do to or else people will resend me for going straight to the cannot books insead of pretending to read them due to taste.

>Well I had just finished reading harry potter one rainy day and picked up the first new book I saw. It was brothers Karamazov and I LUVVED IT!!! What a coincidence my taste turns out to be the same that publishing companies, academia, and the unthinking masses have been telling me to have xDDD!!!1
>>
>>9970406
i wasn't mocking you because you read the canon, i was mocking you because you only read LeCanon: /lit/ edition.
>>
I've read half of those authors and eventually found them to a man captivating (Chekhov's short stories in particular are laugh out loud funny), but I didn't always feel that way about all of them.
Likewise, none of those works did I love enough to reread anytime soon. There are plenty of books in the canon that you would do well to read after you have some living under your belt and can adequately compare your experiences with the characters'. If you're not enjoying a good book, you're probably not in the right state of mind for it. Have some life experiences and try again, or just try a different book.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.