[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"So should I rob my sweet sons of their fee: No, let them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Titus_Andronicus_F1_(1623).jpg (559KB, 625x1057px) Image search: [Google]
Titus_Andronicus_F1_(1623).jpg
559KB, 625x1057px
"So should I rob my sweet sons of their fee:
No, let them satisfy their lust on thee."
Why was Tamora the Queen of Goths so cold hearted that she's let Lavinia get raped and have her tongue cut off and her hands cut off? I'm just reading Titus Andronicus now and it feels like I'm not getting something? Is there back story in another play that provides a glimpse as to the brutality of the war between the Goths and the Romans?
>>
>>9970315
Barbarian things, you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>9970315
It's slashfiction. It's was quite popular at the time so Shake went into as well. You pile gore after gore and revenge after revenge, and hope it comes out well. It's a bit silly to be honest, but it is what it is.

Still can't understand your question. Tamora had he son killed by Andronicus, so she's only taking revenge.
>>
>>9970315
All the context you need is on the first two scenes of Act One. Tamora's son was killed gratuitously in front of her eyes, and she demanded satisfaction. The play is not only violent for the sake of violence; it's really about violence, its source and consequences. Both the Goths and the Romans are bloodthirsty. That's why it's such a shock that Titus learns to love only after being exposed to urelentless violence outside of war. He has done harm to others by the sword all his life. When Lavinia gets raped and mutilated, and his sons framed and murdered, he fully realizes the implications of his bellicose actions and behaviors.

Also Tamora is a bitch.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.