[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could poetry be ripe for a large-scale revival, considering readership

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Goethe_by_GM_Kraus_1775.jpg (369KB, 785x788px) Image search: [Google]
Goethe_by_GM_Kraus_1775.jpg
369KB, 785x788px
Could poetry be ripe for a large-scale revival, considering readership of novels and other long prose works is diminishing? I mean, we shit talk Rupi Kaur on here a lot, but it can't be escaped that she's at least a kind of poet, and she has somehow managed to gain some manner of popular following. Maybe she's a sign of things to come.
>>
No, culture's dead. Need to bring back real humans and then actual culture will reemerge naturally.
>>
>>9969443
shut up retard. culture's dead because of capitalism. ezra pound was right.
>>
File: 1504253915582.png (208KB, 2008x1492px) Image search: [Google]
1504253915582.png
208KB, 2008x1492px
>>9969430
>implying she's become famous because of her own merits and not because she is a non-white.
>>
>>9969447
It has nothing to do with capitalism, it has to do with jews. The culture in the Soviet Union died for the same reason the culture in the west is dying now: jews. They were over there and now they're over here; them being allowed control over anything causes it to die.
>>
>but it can't be escaped that she's at least a kind of poet

Well...
>>
>>9969449
>Salvatore Scibona was born in 1975 in Cleveland, Ohio to an ethnic Italian family. He was influenced by having his extended family nearby as he was growing up, including his four grandparents, from whom he heard many stories.

Only one search and the credibility of that image has been shown to be non-existent.
>>
>>9969476
I didn't make it, but maybe the person who did did a more extensive search than yourself. If it's incorrect that should change it but you have not discredited it, you filthy rat.
>>
>>9969468
If Maya Angelou can be considered a poet, Rupi can.
>>
>>9969447
>>9969463
To help you two feel better, what one meant by capitalism and the other meant by jews are essentially the same thing.
>>
>>9969430
She gained a popular following because feminism is still on the rise, and she bowled for a strike and got it.
>>
File: salvatore scibona.jpg (20KB, 207x284px) Image search: [Google]
salvatore scibona.jpg
20KB, 207x284px
>>9969513
The guy looks like he comes straight out of the Mezzogiorno, my man.

t. italo-brasiliano
>>
File: sadslavoj.jpg (45KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
sadslavoj.jpg
45KB, 300x400px
>>9969534
>>
>>9969430
3rd rate work is only going to encourage more of it.
>>
>>9969449
>>9969540
It's not like she's the only non-white woman writing about feminism, and certainly not the only one using social media. There must be something else that has made her so prominent.
>>
>>9969547
Maybe he is, I don't know. But you do know jews are genetically about half Italian going back to their days in the Roman Empire, right?
>>
>>9969559
You'd be surprised. She probably just knew the right people or gain the right follower. It can be simple
>>
>>9969430
To avoid those idiots who can't get that jewish cock out of their ass...
Yes, anon, I believie poetry may have a revival very soon (meaning 'in less than 50 years'). The scene here in mexico is growing and the fact that all those pseuds writing and reading their poetry right now are horrible and suck, but also the fact that they somehow are getting support, makes me think good poets will get rid of them or at least gather a decent popularity.

Young people here are starting to feel the lack of poetry of our time and are trying and failing to do something about it.
>>
>>9969627
It seems no one really knows what to do with poetry at the moment so people are using it as 'expression' in their literate, academic understanding of the world. Rupi is an example of this -- the kind of mid-20s woman grappling with institutionally-legitimated ideas of feminism and the like. The fields are fallow, basically, and I agree that people are going to make sense of this new poetry and it's going to get better in its weird, discontinuous combination of the Eliot and the Williams.
>>
>>9969550
He's right. Exploitation is the problem.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.