[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read and enjoy a fantasy novel >go to /lit/ >start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1500946936167.png (280KB, 646x595px) Image search: [Google]
1500946936167.png
280KB, 646x595px
>read and enjoy a fantasy novel
>go to /lit/
>start reading threads
>realize that I'm a brainless pleb who's actively contributing to the death of art
what do?
>>
File: 2017-08-22 23.16.51.png (304KB, 646x595px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-22 23.16.51.png
304KB, 646x595px
>>9968746
>over 100 degrees out
>AC is broken
>>
Love yourself.
>>
>>9968746
Do what I did - transition from fantasy to historical fiction (still has big sword battles), and from there to actual history.
>>
>>9968746

What fantasy novel did you read?
>>
>>9968746
read mine, it transcends genre
>>
>>9968746

All art is a farce based in sexual frustration
>>
File: its_on_chaps.jpg (58KB, 527x681px) Image search: [Google]
its_on_chaps.jpg
58KB, 527x681px
>>9968746
There's fantasy and there's fantasy. If you were reading Gene Wolfe, well...

>If any writer from within genre fiction has ever merited the designation Great Author, it is surely Wolfe. This Texas-trained engineer (he helped design Proctor & Gamble's original Pringle's potato-chip machine), born in 1931, a Korean War veteran, and a full-time writer since 1984, reads like Dickens, Proust, Kipling, Chesterton, Borges and Nabokov rolled into one, and then spiced with all manner of fantastic influences from H.G. Wells to Jack Vance, H.P. Lovecraft to Damon Knight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/entertainment/books/2002/04/07/could-a-former-engineer-who-helped-invent-pringles-be-our-greatest-living-writer-reviewed-by-nick-gevers/99fce68e-ce0f-4bd2-8409-6b99e4e09945/?utm_term=.b15f46235ff4
>>
>>9968762
>>>/his/
>>
>/lit/ contributing to art
>Literally has zero opinions of substance about anything written in their lifetimes
>Doesn't write anything of substance
>Just complacently agrees with what the mainstream says about books in the past

The plebs probably more actively contribute to art than /lit/ does. /lit/ is more concerned with jerking eachother off about how patrician they are than actually promoting art of substance.
>>
>>9968746
lmao.

Do you think the people here watch Game of Thrones?

I bet many of them do. I bet some of them actually liked it, too.

and game of thrones is LITERAL FUCKING GARBAGE shit out by hollywood scriptwriters without a SINGLE FUCKING SHRED of talent who got to where they were by sucking the right dicks and pandering to the right people.

Whatever fantasy novel you were reading was likely far better than the shit state of american tv that many of the idiots here likely enjoy.

Also, why do you care what /lit/ thinks? Don't be such a fucking drone dude. Intellectual posturing is actually worthless
>>
>>9969233
You ever write anything of substance? Shits fucking hard, yo. Most people here ate at least aware they'll never amount to anything in the context of literature.
>>
Shame is the first rung to perfection anon, if you're earnestly interesting in graduating to higher lit you can start by going >>>/his/

"Starting with the greeks" should apply as well, since mythology is itself fantastical. Ask around on threads about this meme or search google for "starting with the greeks infograph" to see some /lit/ recommendations collated in the past
>>
>>9968746
I have an English degree from a good university and I read fantasy sometimes. There's nothing wrong with reading for enjoyment.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.