[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read book >a week passes >forget the majority of it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

>read book
>a week passes
>forget the majority of it except very broad plot points
>>
File: 1503228295138.png (37KB, 426x576px) Image search: [Google]
1503228295138.png
37KB, 426x576px
If you don't 'use' it, you 'lose' it as it were.

Write your thoughts down, take notes, discuss it with someone, or pair it with something else associative to keep in in memory (but you still have to use the knowledge).
>>
Jennifer Egan says writing and reading is an exercise that should provoke the mind, not narrow it.
>>
>>9968463
Jennifer Egan is a dumb little bitch who writes for NPR listeners, not intelligent people
>>
>>9968485
Up Early isn't half bad you daft cunt.
>>
>>9968493
Go listen to Lou Reed you fucking faggot
>>
>>9968503
What the fuck is that supposed to mean you ruffian
>>
>>9968446
Strong reading comprehension is something you must acquire.
Do what this anon said:
>>9968455
Write down short notes while reading a book. Your ability to retain information will skyrocket.
>>
>>9968520
Honestly I don't know, I got a bit carried away when I read "Jennifer Egan," who reminds me of everything I hate about New York City and modern literary culture. I'm ashamed I ever said something so resentful and bitchy and apologize for calling you a stupid faggot when clearly I was the stupid faggot in our exchange. Hopefully making this post will go a little way towards humiliating me out of my resentful and bitchy faggot behavior, which is probably enabled by the shield of anonymity and 4chan's culture of false irony and smug critique of ones' social betters. Clearly I am not the person I want to be and hope to change these aforementioned personal traits through hard work and self-awareness
>>
You probably didn't forget everything, it's just that your brain is organized to store shit in its own messy version of the dewey decimal system and you forgot the call number. Go read a summary and it'll probably come back to you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.