[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is V. so underrated? I was reading along, enjoying the comfiness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: V.jpg (28KB, 332x499px) Image search: [Google]
V.jpg
28KB, 332x499px
Why is V. so underrated? I was reading along, enjoying the comfiness and variety of characters when suddenly I got to chapter 7. It was breathtaking. Thought's on this book and the Stencil chapters?
>>
I hope your dick rots off
>>
>>9968096
Why?
>>
pynchon is rated highly but still i think underrated and underestimated by the literary establishment and even folks who have read him before and think they've got a handle on him as basically a satirist and absurdist. pynchon is the greatest contemporary writer i've ever read.
>>
>>9968074
I had a tough time finishing V.

After the Southwest Africa chapter I just grew tired of the Whole Sick Crew. I did finish it but even the siege of Malta wasn't as compelling.
>>
>>9968074
I think, more than any other of Pynchon's novels, V. (and especially this chapter) has influenced my writing. Something about the balance between cultural and historical erudition and pulpy nor thriller speaks to me. This, the South African and the Malta chapters are key to me.
>>
>>9968196
*pulpy noir thriller
>>
File: IMG_4180.jpg (233KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4180.jpg
233KB, 1200x600px
I liked it quite a bit but Maijstraal's confession chapter was a real chore to get through. Also I think you really have to trust Pynchon when it comes to some of the historical chapters that it will all pay off. And then it only sort of does at the end.

I think I'll like V. much more after a second read but I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a starting point for Pynchon. I actually found GR quite a bit easier to read than V.
>>
It's not, literally on canvas display at my Barnes and Noble
>>
Every time I read a book by a famous author I like to play a game, I ask, would I ever have read this book if not for the author's name?
>>
>>9968323
Both Maijstraal's and Mondaugen's Chapter, as well as the chapter in Alexandria to a lesser extent, were beautiful but unrefined.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.