[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for more scifi Neon Genesis Evangelion/Rebuild like novels.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1488661411380.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1488661411380.gif
2MB, 500x333px
Looking for more scifi Neon Genesis Evangelion/Rebuild like novels.

Similar authors I've already enjoyed works from: PKD (especially Ubik, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch), Dan Simmons (Hyperion), Lem (Solaris), Strugatskys (especially the Time Wanderers), Watts (Blindsight + Echopraxia).
>>
Try ian banks culture series
>>
>>9965231
Surprised you didn't mention Arthur C. Clarke (Childhood's End, Space Odyssey)
>>
>>9965255
I read CE and enjoyed/did not enjoy about 50:50 of the book but the part with the children was neat and I enjoyed his short stories a lot (The Nine Billion Names of God).

>>9965241
I couldn't really get into Banks. I tried the State of the Art and my favourite story from it was Descendant.
>>
NGE actually borrowed the concept of human instrumentality from a Scifi writer who was also a weeb political scientist.
>>
>>9965454
Who ?
>>
>>9965454
>borrowed the concept of human instrumentality

Lol, no. It borrowed the name, not the concept, which has literally nothing to do with it.
>>
>>9966389
>borrowed the name, not the concept
Eva in a nutshell.
>>
>>9966335
>In the science fiction of Cordwainer Smith, the Instrumentality of Mankind refers both to Smith's personal future history and universe and to the central government of humanity. The Instrumentality of Mankind is also the title of a paperback collection of short stories by Cordwainer Smith published in 1979 (now superseded by the later The Rediscovery of Man, which collects all of Smith's short stories).
>The Human Instrumentality Project in the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime series is a reference to Cordwainer's works.
>A password used in the anime Serial Experiments Lain, "Think Bule Count One Tow" (used by Lain's father) is a misspelled reference to Think Blue, Count Two.
>The Dreadstar comic book features the Church of the Instrumentality which is a space empire. The church has created a race of cat-people, similar to the underpeople of the Instrumentality of Mankind.
>In the light novel series Log Horizon, the animal-like Werecat, Wolf Fang, and Fox Tail races were created by what was called the Norstrilia Project, in reference to his novel.

There you go
>>
Clarke, in particular Childhood's End and 2001 (haven't read the latter but EoE is obviously borrowing a lot from the Kubrick movie and I don't think the book is that different)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.