[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the proliferation of free Public Domain ebooks through things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: phree.png (71KB, 687x260px) Image search: [Google]
phree.png
71KB, 687x260px
Will the proliferation of free Public Domain ebooks through things like Project Gutenberg and Librivox result in a future where the poor are better read and educated (having only had the classics available to them) than their more bourgeois counterparts (who could afford to indulge in the latest YA, werewolf erotica, """graphic novels""", and self-help bullshit?)
>>
Obviously not, but that's an interesting idea
>>
>the poor are better read and educated
I heard in North Korea there is 9% of analphabets
plus, every country already has a website with pirated ebooks

You need to liquidate reading classic canon in schools. People hate reading when they're obliged. Just forbid it and everyone will read it.
>>
The poor are bourgeois in 2017

They rather spend there $$$ on shoes and weed instead of books
>>
>>9962072
>>9962072
The poor have always spent the majority of their salary on clothing, particularly textiles, linen, etc. just before the French Revolution.

I think when the price of Vans rise to excruciating heights, Damn Daniels will come to the streets with pitchforks and torches. "Vive Nike! Vive proletariat!" They will scream.
>>
>>9962068
>You need to liquidate reading classic canon in schools
Maybe less of liquidation and more of a different approach, perhaps not in classic canon but in intellectualism and reading in general. I think this counts for a lot of things, like how schools present mathematics, simultaneously barely even teaching mathematics and making it highly undesirable. I would say a more foundational and philosophical approach to everything would be superior but I guess it's hard to expect that of school kids. Still, maybe the approach could be fostering their minds so they grow into those who can and would appreciate the foundational and philosophical, which would then amplify their ability and understanding beyond any dry grind/review or rote memorisation ever could.

>>9962072
>tfw my only pair of shoes are like 10 years old that i took from a pile of discarded items a couple years ago
>tfw i couldnt even try weed and facilitate regular usage if i wanted to
at least i have muh plato, muh NEETzsche, muh stirner, muh stoics.
>>
anyone know a good website for pirating books?
>>
>>9962031
This thread is trash
>>
>>9963159
This, I'm trying to read Journey to the West but can't find a not-shit translation. Heard the Arthur Waley translation was good but can't find it to save my life.
>>
>>9962031
No. Read Nietzsche's thoughts on Universal Literacy.
>>
>>9964900
There is nothing wrong with the Jenner translation
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.