[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Don't you see and feel these things more acutely than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

"Don't you see and feel these things more acutely than you used to? The perils and warnings? Something gathering, no matter how safe you may feel in your wearable technology. All the voice commands and hyper-connections that allow you to become disembodied...Do you think about the technovirus, all systems down, global implosion? Or is it more personal? Do you feel steeped in some horrific digital panic that's everywhere and nowhere?"
>>
>>9961770
"Ok grandpa, whatever you say. Can you quiet down? I'm trying to watch Youtube."
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-31_09-11-46.png (148KB, 391x398px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-31_09-11-46.png
148KB, 391x398px
>>9961809
>>
>>9961770
fucking loved this novel. Probably not his best, but I have a feeling it will become more and more relevant as time goes on.
>>
>>9961833
I think he's one of the best living writers, but I've heard it's utter dogshit, and this passage isn't helping tbqh.
>>
>>9961833
Yeah I liked it a lot. Keep thinking about it too.

>>9961837
Middle-brow turbo plebs will HATE this book. As they should.
>>
>>9961837
What can I say? almost all of DeLillo's dialogue is stilted and heavy handed, but it's done well I think, with purpose. There are better parts in it, and that part in particular does sound immature, but I cant really place why I like it.
>>
>>9961837
DeLillo has probably never done anything deserving of being called shit.
>>
>>9961869
How does that dialogue sound immature? It's happening right now.
>>
>>9961890
Yes but he uses mostly decades old buzzwords like an old man yelling at the sky would. And no one talks like his characters do, they all sound like Oxford cyborgs. look bro, I like it, in fact I love it, but if you're a Delillo fan you have to come to terms with his flaws.
>>
>>9961905
I'm a Delillo fan and I hear people talking like that all the time. That's what always strikes me as strange.

I think what throws people off is he talks about relevant issues where most writers and most normies don't want to talk about. I'm sure when Players and Mao II were out, even Underworld as well, that people were saying "lmao who the fuck talks about the world trade center towers like that?"
>>
>>9962010
Yes, that is why I said this book would become more relevant later on, in hindsight. Right now, since the general public are ensconced in the "technovirus" and it all seems harmless at a surface glance, the language seems stilted. DeLillo has prescience without it actually being prescience, even Cosmopolis had some, but that doesnt change the fact that Richard has very little subtlety.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.