[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the book The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien, he includes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: TTTC.jpg (23KB, 283x418px) Image search: [Google]
TTTC.jpg
23KB, 283x418px
On the book The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien, he includes a chapters called "Speaking of courage" and "notes"

For those of you that have read it, at the end he mentions that the story about Norman Bowker getting the silver star was not true, thus becoming a great question and symbol

What does /lit/ thin the symbol behind the silver star is?
>>
I don't care, I wrote this off as BS in high school, and then I fought two wars and figured out exactly why it was bullshit: O'Brien is not telling you about his stories. He is repackaging the life of others and selling it as his own, and when caught he only admits to not having first hand experience with a majority of the ideas he presents. He tries to sell his bullshit as genuine by arguing that soldiers and war are some kind of absurdist construct that is open to interpretation and intrinsically comprised of falsehoods.

Write your essay about how much bullshit this story is by using O'Brien's own logic against him, and then forget you were forced to read this for whatever AP course you're taking.
>>
>>9961600
My creative writing prof is buddies with Tim O'Brien. I've never read The Things They Carried. I just wanted to mention that.
>>
>Reading this book
>It ain't me starts playing in the background.
>>
saw this the other day at a used book store, only reason I noticed it was because we have the last name.
>>
File: Miles_O'Brien,_2375.jpg (93KB, 417x406px) Image search: [Google]
Miles_O'Brien,_2375.jpg
93KB, 417x406px
>>9962844
Is that you, Chief?
>>
File: images.jpg (53KB, 700x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
53KB, 700x1080px
War-core book. The audiobook is also solid.
>>
>>9963413
So like actually good and pro-war or what?
>>
>>9961600
America has so many wars but no real good writers have come out of the recent ones.
Why?
>>
>>9964928
Because chosenite imperial pseudo-conquest of shitskin strips of clay is not war.
>>
>>9964928

Give me time, sir, give me time
>>
Head wounds are described as star burst shaped--the accolades literally equated to a constellation of violence that unites humanity.
>>
>>9961600
Well, he also said that just because a story did not happen doesn't mean it is not true. Funnily enough changed my way of writing in a peculiar way, if subtly.
>>
>>9961675
The Vietnam War was an absurdist construct tho.
>>
>>9961675
You haven't read many war novels, have you?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.