[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to start reading reguarly but I think I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I'm trying to start reading reguarly but I think I'm either dyslexic or severely brain damaged because even the lit wiki's entry level list is giving me trouble. What are some good children's/young adult's books?
>>
Chronicles of Narnia?
>>
Heh. Sorry kid, you're not gonna make it here... This board is for educated people who have been actively reading since toddlerhood, we don't have time for handholding. Me? I'm working on my Masters of English and Im one of newer guys here. Nothing personal but you're better off going to reddit, kid.
>>
>>9959764
Just read some YA. Most the stuff /lit/ recommends is trash anyways.
>>
>>9959764
My three favorite children's books:
The Wind in the Willows
Alice in Wonderland
Winnie the Pooh
>>
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
Twilight series (I am not trolling, I am talking serious here)
Throne of Glass Series
Start with these, they are all YA and Twilight is probably the most infamous
You could also search for YA booktubers, they usualy have some cool ya's with them, tho what you consider YA cool may be subjective.
If you think you are too brain-dead, you can keep in YA forever, otherwise I would recommend you to read more then YA's and kids books.
>>
>>9959817
You could also try the more popular ones: Hunger Games series; Divergent series; etc.
Even I who have a burning hatred for 90% of YA's from time to time find one that catchs my interest, so give a try on some of the ones I told you and let us know later who it went.
You could also check out the Deltora Quest series. Is kinda big in the number of issues, but you can read one issue by day (I did this when I was at school, I actualy remember who it went: I came back from school and used my money to buy a new volume, then I spend the entire day reading and usualy ended the volume in the evening... That is, until my money run out, and the bookstore I used closed... My chieldhood sucks some times)
>>
>>9959835
how*
Fucking brain is dying more and more each day
>>
Why is children's literature better than young adult literature? Is it the lack of edginess?
>>
>>9959852
The good in YA literature is the edgyness. Idk what you complaining then anon
>>
>>9959776
>english degrees
>ever
>>
>>9959776
You're a pseud.
>>
>>9959768
this
these are wonderful
>>
>>9959764
The Catcher in the Rye
It's thematicaly complex but it's written in entry-level English. Same with Kafka
>>
>>9959764
Holes
>>
>>9959764
His Dark Materials
A Series of Unfortunate Events
>>
File: terry-the-taxi.jpg (64KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
terry-the-taxi.jpg
64KB, 800x500px
>>9959764
An all time classic, loved this book
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.