[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's funny how you pseud low IQ faggots see writing fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1466103070052s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466103070052s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
It's funny how you pseud low IQ faggots see writing fiction as some completely assembly line commoditised activity.

>Which degree do I need to be a writer?
>How many years of experience do I need to be a writer?
>Will learning languages make me a better writer?

NEWSFLASH faggots, part of the beauty of art and therefore fiction writing is that there is no system to create great art. As soon as you follow what you perceive to be "the system" you'll create forgettable and boring shit. I guess "the system" today is to go to an ivy league university or Oxbridge and then write boring as fuck half assed barely disguised memoirs that are unbelievably faggy (if the writer is a male; if not then it is typical of women or non whites).

A lot of you also don't realise that all theory in humanities academia is worthless shit. If you don't find everything in this post 100 % obviously true then you are either under 18 or have a very low IQ. For you underagedb&s, start asking questions.
>>
>>9957877
>NEWSFLASH faggots, part of the beauty of art and therefore fiction writing is that there is no system to create great art.
This is the reason art quality has decreased. In the past people spent countless hours perfecting their technique (usually under a master). Once they were themselves master's of the standard techniques they could experiment and create new interesting art.
You think Picasso immediately started painting cubist masterpiece? No he first mastered traditional portrait/landscape/etc. painting.
The poets that wrote great free verse first mastered writing metered poems.
Implying that there isn't a base to create *good* art is ridiculous.
>>
>>9957919
fpbp
OP is a retard.
>>
>>9957919
if Picasso can make goog paintings of horses or people or fruit and shit, then i can say this cubist awful experimentation is good or at least have merit.
in the other hand, if you Paint cubist shit just because you want to Paint cubist shit, with no normal things in it, then you are a shit artist and even a bad person pretentiuous garbage.
>>
>>9957877
haha, that's a pretty cute little frog picture, buddy, where'd you find it?
>>
r/pepe
>>
>>9957919
>he thinks he's studying under "the masters" at uni
loving every laugh
>>
>>9957919
Thats also reaching. Whitman for example understood rhythm innately but he never wrote meter. Youre both incorrect, genius appear from both.
>>
>>9957996
That's not what I was trying to say. I agree universities are pretty trash. But you have to have mentorship and technical practice. It's very unlikely someone will make great art without them.

>>9958017
>implying Whitman didn't publish metered poems anonymously in the New-York Mirror.
>>
All you need to be a successful writer is to write stuff that people enjoy reading
>>
>>9957877
auto-didactic writers (ones not dependent on universities to learn how to be great writers) have always been my preference. There's something more passionate about their writing compared to "intellectuals"
>>
>>9958977

I think autodidactic is too fucking much. This isn't theoretical physics ffs
>>
>>9957877
Good post
>>9957919
>>9957941
>>9957944
>>9957950
>>9957987
>ITT butthurt pseuds
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.