[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fans of the hidden beauty of this show, what is the /lit/ equivalent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: TPB.jpg (104KB, 922x586px) Image search: [Google]
TPB.jpg
104KB, 922x586px
Fans of the hidden beauty of this show, what is the /lit/ equivalent?

Some example criteria:
- Cosy as fuck.
- Deep and true folk wisdom blended seamlessly with low IQ retardedness.
- Mindless degeneracy blended seamlessly with honorable character virtue.
- Moments of secret tenderness and perspective that make you question your definition of success.

Cheers all.
>>
steinbeck
>>
>>9956653
>Cosy as fuck.
>Deep and true folk wisdom blended seamlessly with low IQ retardedness.
>Mindless degeneracy blended seamlessly with honorable character virtue.
>Moments of secret tenderness and perspective that make you question your definition of success.

Can't think of any specific examples because I'm a pleb but probably any sort of raunchy medieval-era fiction sounds like it would fit that description.
Now frig off
>>
>>9956662
Thanks anon, I've completely missed reading this guy and GoW looks right up my alley.
>>
>>9956668
cannery row and sweet thursday would also be a good way to ease yourself in.
>>
>>9956664
Rabelais
>>
>>9956674
Thanks anon. For some reason I have always been really put off by of mice and men, and that has meant I've sort of steered clear of him completely. I don't know where I even picked up this snarky attitude about him from, or why I've maintained it.
>>
>>9956681
>Rabelais
Always been into Crowley's writings, so this now seems obligatory. Cheers!
>>
File: 1453652115507.png (312KB, 536x528px) Image search: [Google]
1453652115507.png
312KB, 536x528px
>>9956681
>Rabelais
>medieval era
O I am laffiin
>>
>>9956703
>>
Confederacy of Dunces
>>
Miller or Bukowski maybe, though the latter is probably more degenerate than TPB and not in a good way
>>
>>9956653
Chaucer or, ironically, Ulysses
>>
>>9956969
Meant to say unironically, on mobile
>>
>>9956969
Beat me to with Chaucer (The Canterbury Tales specifically). Also some of Shakespeare's comedies, Boccaccio's Decameron, The Arabian Nights.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.