[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

vonnegut is the best author in the American canon in the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Kurt_Vonnegut_1972.jpg (262KB, 936x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Kurt_Vonnegut_1972.jpg
262KB, 936x1388px
vonnegut is the best author in the American canon in the last century. prove me wrong.
>>
>prove me wrong
pynchon exists.
>>
>>9955699
Pynchon sucks and here is why: http://www.cosmoetica.com/B1277-DES888.htm
>>
>>9955687
That's not Meme Wolfe
>>
>>9955687
Never heard of him.
>>
>>9955703
>shits on the entire meme trilogy in opening sentence
Based Dan
>>
>>9955730
slaughterhouse five?
>>
>>9955703
This man didn't like Gravity's Rainbow and now he's trying to say that it's not a masterpiece. I don't want to say "He didn't understand it", because I don't want to be a pretentious asshole, but... really, I think he didn't understand what the point of the book is (i.e. nothing). It's a huge mess, a massive vortex with occasional pieces of god tier prose and carachter insight, beautiful discussions on determinism, maths and pavlovian psychology, deathwishes, coprofagy and the union of Eros and Thanatos resulting in the end of humanity
>>
>>9956509
>It's a huge mess

This isnt a good sign
>>
>>9955769
american? no thanks.
>>
File: 19060874.jpg (24KB, 318x453px) Image search: [Google]
19060874.jpg
24KB, 318x453px
It's Saul Bellow.
>>
“When the last living thing Has died on account of us, How poetical it would be If Earth could say, In a voice floating up Perhaps From the floor Of the Grand Canyon, "It is done." People did not like it here.”
>>
Slaughterhouse Five > Sirens of Titan = Cat's Cradle >> Galapagos > Bluebeard > Breakfast of Champions > Mother Night > Time Quake >> Hocus Pocus = Deadeye Dick = Mr. Rosewater >>> Slapstick

Haven't read the others
>>
File: 14126291688_c56ca52031_b.jpg (157KB, 889x517px) Image search: [Google]
14126291688_c56ca52031_b.jpg
157KB, 889x517px
He has some great quotes.

“We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
>>
>>9955703
Why is Dan "take what I can" "they can't investigate her if they don't find her" Schneider reviewing Pinecone books?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.