[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Pynchon appear to reference MK Ultra in books published

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (57KB, 193x266px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
57KB, 193x266px
Why does Pynchon appear to reference MK Ultra in books published before the program was uncovered?
>>
Which books and segments do you mean specifically
>>
>>9953508
Because Pynchon knew about MKULTRA. Ken Kesey was a subject in the program while living in California, and even stole drugs from MKULTRA to use recreationally. Anyone who knew Kesey or was part of the west coast literary community would have known about the program, and there were likely other, less famous leaks.

It's also likely that Pynchon had friends from Cornell who went to work at the CIA. That agency was all Ivy-League back in the day.
>>
>>9953541
Hilarius giving Oedipa pyschedelics in COL49
>>
>>9953508
There'a a guy on twitter with like a million Pynchon conspiracy/hidden message threads. They're so detailed that even some of the wackier ones come off as plausible.
>>
>>9953508
the idea of MKULTRA wasnt really that original. you mean torturing and drugging people for extended periods of time might make them more cooperative? wow im sure nobody knew about that one until the CIA did it.

hint: read naked lunch
>>
>>9953565
Die Brucke ... good question. He knew.
>>
>>9953576
tcol49 literally has a former nazi doctor prescribing lsd to unknowing patients
>>
>>9953582
and naked lunch literally has a former nazi doctor brainwashing people into eating shit or something, its not special, it was a common trope of the time.
>>
>>9953589
mk ultra did not involve brainwashing citizens to eat shit
>>
>>9953595
kek
>>
>>9953595
thats what you think, kiddo
>>
>>9953573
link? I'd love to see some.
>>
>>9953595
thats what t h e y want you to think
>>
>>9953637
There aren't as many as I remember, but if you get a kick out of paranoid communists, you might find something of interest https://mobile.twitter.com/cuttlefish_btc
>>
>>9953684
I pretty much am one. Had a psychosis this year that made me think the local Trotskyists were after me. Idk why, since all they do is sell newspapers and wear kaffiyahs. Thanks though.
>>
>>9953684
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-29-21-16-37.png (96KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-29-21-16-37.png
96KB, 480x800px
>>9953808
oops
>>
>>9953508
Conspiracies about secret government programs are older than the 60s
>>
>>9953508
Speaking of this, what was the bit about the little creature in Gabriel Ice's underground vault supposed to be?
>>
>>9953813
>Moot and Snacks were teenage recruits by the Spooks to attract neckbeard virgins to complain and post pictures of cats

Sounds about right
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.