[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >first day of classes, first class is writing >an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: afro joyce.jpg (126KB, 723x900px) Image search: [Google]
afro joyce.jpg
126KB, 723x900px
>be me
>first day of classes, first class is writing
>an engineering major but still have to take this course anyway
>students are anxious to talk so the professor groups us in pairs
>professor tells us to get to know each other and then introduce the person we're paired up with and the last book they've read to the class
>get paired with a low functioning autist
>autist confesses that he doesn't read and asks me think up a book for him to the class
>suddenly, I see all of /lit/'s memes flashing through my mind's eye and decide I should meme
>I tell him I should say that he has read Harry Potter and he agrees without questioning
>I tell the autist to tell the class that the last book I've read was Moby-Dick
>he refuses since it contains the word 'dick' in it and doesn't want to embarrass himself in front of the cuties
>I innly laugh at the pleb and tell him to say Ulysses instead, but I insist that he say "by James Joyce"
>he agrees after struggling to pronounce ‘Ulysses’ for a while

Cont.
>>
File: csm_JamesJoyce001_298a32b1d0.jpg (107KB, 1560x2084px) Image search: [Google]
csm_JamesJoyce001_298a32b1d0.jpg
107KB, 1560x2084px
>>9948955
>sit through the boring introductions of other students and why they recommend their shitty YA novels
>finally, it's our turn to introduce each other now
>I craftily tell him that I'll introduce him first just so that I get to have the spotlight at the end
>I introduce him and chuckle mockingly when I got to say that the last book he read was Harry Potter
>I sit confidently on the chair now and wait for him to introduce me and say “Ulysses by James Joyce” and get a reaction out of the professor
>he says it
>professor is visibly shaken and takes off his glasses
>”I-I've never had a student who has read Ulysses before. Has anyone read Ulysses?”
>lowly plebeians remain silent because they've never even heard of it, not even the cute English major girl sitting at the back
>I smile smugly, proud of my intellect
>professor asks me what I thought of it
>”I thought it was great. It was full of lewd gags and jokes and a lot of reference to the Greeks and references to Joyce's own life”
>professor asks if I would recommend it to the class
>”No, I would not. I would recommend that they start with the Greeks first in order to fully grasp Joyce's masterpiece”
>professor is clearly impressed and stands up and starts a lecture about Ulysses and how he spent quite some time studying it
>all the while I sit smiling like a creep with this girl right in front of me blinking at my weird smile
>and all the while knowing that I'm just a pseud who's never made it past the first page of Ulysses and just know a handful of memes from /lit/

Thank you, /lit/. I'm glad that I'm part of your community.
>>
File: 1503842720176.gif (4MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503842720176.gif
4MB, 400x400px
same
>>
Telemachus and Nestor are not difficult at all. Proteus is where the fun starts. You should give them a try instead of being an actual pseud.
>>
this post physically pains me
>>
>>9948955
>>9948958
excellent work, my lads

>>9949053
try the red pill, cuck
>>
>>9948955
next time you make up a story, make it funny or interesting.
>>
>>9948958

You should've added something about the professor demanding a round of applause from the class for your literary achievement.
>>
in my history class we did the same thing. except the professor was a giant pleb too so the entire class spent 30 minutes circle jerking about Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and Star Wars, while I sat there seething.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.