[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After a day roaming through the bookshelves of the Los Angels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7716.jpg (30KB, 349x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7716.jpg
30KB, 349x301px
After a day roaming through the bookshelves of the Los Angels library, picking up Hegel and Heidegger cozily at random, I had contemplated briefly the possibility that I was perhaps not cut out to be a "reader". Then at Barnes and Noble I was drawn to a pamphlet sized book with name Epicures on it and revived some hope. But today was interesting. Going through a gift box from the neighbor of old books and magizines I found two copies of Harper Lee's only child To Kill and Mockingbird and holy cow this is a great fucking book, cannot put it down.
>>
>>9945503
>only child
Go
Set
A
Watchman
My
Nig
>>
>>9945503
>Going through a gift box from the neighbor of old books and magizines I found two copies
No
>Going through a gift box of old books and magizines from the neighbor I found two copies
Yes
>>
>>9945521
Where'd you find the neighbor?
>>
File: IMG_0981.jpg (343KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0981.jpg
343KB, 753x707px
>>9945531
>>
>>9945537
Whose this handsome looking devil?
>>
If you begin directly with Hegel and Heidegger you are obviously going to have trouble.
>>
Reminder that Truman Capote wrote that book.
>>
>>9945579
No. Way. I want to believe you. Why would Truman lie?
>>
>>9945543
Stanczyk
>>
>>9945503
>To Kill and Mockingbird
>holy cow this is a great fucking book
Lol, no it's not.
>>
>>9945973
>lol,
>>
>>9945973
>"Maycomb was an old town, but it was a tired old town when I first knew it. In rainy weather the streets turned to red slop; grass grew on the sidewalks, the courthouse sagged in the square. Somehow, it was hotter then: a black dog suffered on a summer’s day; bony mules hitched to Hoover carts flicked flies in the sweltering shade of the live oaks on the square. Men’s stiff collars wilted by nine in the morning. Ladies bathed before noon, after their three-o’clock naps, and by nightfall were like soft teacakes with frostings of sweat and sweet talcum. People moved slowly then. They ambled across the square, shuffled in and out of the stores around it, took their time about everything. A day was twenty-four hours long but seemed longer. There was no hurry, for there was nowhere to go, nothing to buy and no money to buy it with, nothing to see outside the boundaries of Maycomb County. But it was a time of vague optimism for some of the people: Maycomb County had recently been told that it had nothing to fear but fear itself."

My nigger you need to realize you don't know shit
>>
>>9946032
Not him but that excerpt has been alluded to several times as an example of literary genius. I don't see it, I just yawn and gravitate to something else.
>>
>>9945973
there's always one...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.