[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything I should read / know before diving into pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 8117HB7WbvL.jpg (303KB, 1400x2092px) Image search: [Google]
8117HB7WbvL.jpg
303KB, 1400x2092px
Anything I should read / know before diving into pic related?

I don't wanna waste half a year getting through it, just to realize I missed some important background.
>>
half a year? its book for a week if you have life,2 days if you neet. There aren't any prerequsities, only have decent brain which you seem to lack.
>>
>>9941055

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole

you're welcome
>>
>>9941055
A week? It's 900 pages. Spotted the neet.
>>
>>9941108
130 pages every day seems pretty reasonable to me
>>
>>9941108

I can read almost 300 pages in about two hours, do you work more than 22 hours a day?

retard
>>
>>9941133
That's a few hours. I have shit to do
>>
>>9941045

even if you only read like 25 pages a day you will have it finished in like a month
>>
>>9941045
Don't read P&Veddit translation
>>
>>9941278
Yea like shitposting on anime websites
>>
>>9941277
damn how do you do this anon. i cant concentrate for more than 20 mins. got any tips. would really help me out. srs.
>>
>>9941302

honestly people will give you lots of tips but what worked for me was just seriously setting my mind to it.

I know that sounds silly but I'm basically like "okay, you are going to read, and you are not going to stop until you have finished your desired amount of pages."

and I don't have a great attention span, it's more of a matter of willpower I think.
>>
>>9941324
i have severe ADHD anon. i set my mind to reading a book in weeks and shit since i am NEET but i end up reading less than 10 pages.
>>
>>9941367
shit i meant to say read in days
>>
>>9941367
I recommend getting medicated man. I got prescribed Ritalin the other day and it seriously helps.
>>
>>9941403
im gonna sound retarded but do i see a doctor or a psychiatrist?
>>
>>9941367
You don't have ADHD you're just a fucking retard
>>
>>9941413
ok
>>
>>9941410
I went to my doctor but he couldn't prescribe it so he told me to go to some doctor at a hospital (I don't know what they're called) and talked to her about how I have trouble focusing and how I feel like I'm thinking a mile a minute and some other stuff. Eventually at the end I got prescribed but I have to go back in a couple weeks for an update just to make sure I haven't turned into a zombie from the drug.
>>
>>9941278
>he doesn't have two hours of free time
Looks like we got a slave, boyos. How's Mr. Gold treating you?
>>
File: BtJIfD8.jpg (223KB, 499x618px) Image search: [Google]
BtJIfD8.jpg
223KB, 499x618px
>>9941434
Alright. Thanks for the help Anon. Have a rare pepe.
>>
>>9941277
>150 pages an hour
>2.5 pages per minute
>24 seconds per page
I try to read as quickly as I can without losing sense of the material but that's just a bit ridiculous. It's not even about disciplining oneself to sit down and read, that's no problem. I just can't read THAT fast.
>>
File: boot2big.png (337KB, 460x487px) Image search: [Google]
boot2big.png
337KB, 460x487px
>>9941451
No worries my brother. Hope it goes well for you.
>>
>>9941453
yeah, there's no fucking way you're going to get anything meaningful out of what you're reading by essentially skimming your way to 150 pages an hour. that's straight up bullshit and lies if anyone says they can
>>
>>9941482
>skimming
You know I forget that people do this. It feels like cheating so it doesn't even enter my mind.
>>
>>9941451
That pepe gave me nostalgia. Thanks anon
>>
>>9941410

psychiatrist

but a regular doctor may be able to recommend you a psychiatrist I think

don't fall for the "medication is bad" meme, medication can be EXTREMELY helpful for things like this, my brother has terrible ADHD and he is literally like a different person when he takes his meds (in a good way, I mean).

people just get mad at medication because it isn't guaranteed to work and people sometimes have bad experiences. but that doesn't mean it won't often work, and the people who have really bad experiences usually aren't taking them right, ex. quitting them cold turkey instead of weening themselves off, or taking more than they are prescribed, or missing doses, or shit like that.

medication is complicated and a lot of idiots would rather believe it's a grand conspiracy rather than just that it's not cut and dry.
>>
File: pepe goodluck.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
pepe goodluck.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>9941488
>>
>>9941621
Thanks for the suggestion anon
>>
>>9941459
Thanks brother
>>
>>9941045
Sorry your thread became a dick size contest to see who reads faster anon. You don't really need to know anything, but it'd be nice to have a decent grasp of orthodoxy. Everything else can be enjoyed in retrospective as you keep learning and reading new shit.
>>
File: 1503200405981 (1).jpg (65KB, 435x522px) Image search: [Google]
1503200405981 (1).jpg
65KB, 435x522px
>>9941922
/thread/
>>
>>9941133
>Reading so fast that he doesn't understand a fucking word.
Do you realize that books are supposed to last a long time, especially old ones like TBK, so as to provide long term enjoyment to people back when modern forms of entertainment were not available? They were written for us to last a long time, why the fuck not take your damn time? I honestly hate you speed reading fucks who try to advertise that they are somehow smarter for speeding through a book. You're like the /lit/ version of a 'holier than thou.'
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.