[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I awakened today to the realization that I want to write innocent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maybeinappropriate.jpg (949KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
maybeinappropriate.jpg
949KB, 900x900px
I awakened today to the realization that I want to write innocent romance novels, but the straightest romance novel I've ever read is Pride and Prejudice due to spending my entire life buying into literature propaganda and ignoring anything that doesn't count as a classic.

So /lit/, give me the cutest romance stories to read. None of you assholes better say Madame Bovary.
>>
>>9940734
stargirl - spinelli

good luck anon, it's getting harder to tap that market without anal sex by the third book.
>>
>>9940734
I'm in here looking for replies because I'm lonely and books always offered a bit of escape, have a bump.
>>
>>9940734
Warm Bodies was really cute.
I watched the movie expecting it to be absolute shit, but I actually really liked it. Just a day or two ago I read the book, and it's just as cute as the movie. It's only 200 pages or so, so it's a real quick read too.
>>
I often pass by the romance section, but it's just waves and waves of things that look like generic shit.

Is there actual literature to be found in the romance section, or if something is good enough it is promoted to the fiction section?
>>
>>9940734

Middlemarch
>>
Unironically...

High Fidelity.
>>
>>9940734
i had a friend whose mother wrote romance novels for a living. i'm still not entirely sure i believe her when she said "ten grand a pop."

i thought "i have to get in on this scam" and got one of her books to read, and my brain turned to mush before page three. i don't think i could do that for a living, any more than i could breathe liquid marshmallow.
>>
>>9940734
I like innocent romance stories, but I never find ones that are satisfying in books except in some shoujo mangas. Just watch Korean dramas for inspiration desu senpai.
>>
>>9940734
Lolita

Haja, I am joking.
I am sorry anon, I dont read cute innocent books often, I like edgy
>>
>>9941038
I bought it a few years ago at a used book store, is it actually a good romance?
>>
>>9940734
Eleanor and Park. Not necessarily the happiest ending, so I don't know if you'd count it as a model, but the romance part of it was very powerful.

The comic Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane is fantastic. It's a bit more soap opera than straight romance, but it's really sweet and innocent while also being fairly socially mature.
>>
>>9941020
The romance section tends to be pretty much all more hardcore stuff, with fairly explicit sex scenes. Of course, a lot of the thriller/mystery section is the same way.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.