[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's Robert E Howard's best story? For me it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (85KB, 696x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 696x900px
What's Robert E Howard's best story? For me it's The Valley of the Worm. I do wish he could have found someway to make it a Conan story though.
>>
>>9940557
Oh come on, it has to be Beyond the Black River. It was literally every single Conan story rolled into one. You could read that ONE story and never have to read another R.E.H. tale again.
>>
>>9940564
That one's good but I think both Tower of the Elephant and Red Nails are superior to be completely frank.
>>
>>9940587
Eh, it's hard to say, Tower of the Elephant was good but it didn't really carry the full theme of all of Howard's work, which is "barbarism is superior to normies," and Red Nails had the woman who added pretty much nothing to the plot.

Black River I feel is the one piece you would read if you couldn't read anything else of his work. It's the seminal Conan story.

Granted all are better than shit like The God in the Jar, or, God help us, The People of the Black Circle, which is godawful.
>>
>>9940557
>I wish he could have found someway to make it a Conan story though.

What's funny is that he absolutely could have, Howard's story The Black Stranger was literally rewritten as Swords of the Red Brotherhood. He took a Conan story and made it into a pirate story, there's no reason he couldn't have done it the other way around, so it must have been intentional.
>>
His Bran Mak Morn stories are really underrated. Especially Worms of the Earth.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.