[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the worst and most forgettable stories written by H.P

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: lovecKnick.jpg (71KB, 341x499px) Image search: [Google]
lovecKnick.jpg
71KB, 341x499px
What are the worst and most forgettable stories written by H.P Lovecraft? I thought Beast in The Cave was boring as hell and had a fanfiction-tier ending, and A Reminiscence of Dr. Samuel Johnson was a chaotic clusterfuck to read through. I also thought Dagon was very overrated, considering it's constantly hyped up as one of his better stories and all it ended up being was a few pages about some guy randomly ending up in a place that looks and smells like shit before being driven insane by a creature that he can't describe. For the most forgettable i'd instantly say The Alchemist, given the fact that nobody seems to fucking remember it.
>>
Rats in the walls was cliche garbage.
>>
>>9940479
Yeah, Dagon sucks, don't know why it even gets recommended

>>9940481
You take that back right now
>>
Dagon is good if you know what Dagon is mythologically.
>>
>>9940505
All i know is that he is a hebrew god, and knowing what he is doesn't excuse the fact that 3/4ths of the story is the MC telling you nonstop how fucking scary everything was without actually going into detail on it.

>"I was in a really scary fucking place. I can't really describe it besides it being really muddy and smelling like shit, but trust me it was scary. There were even some dead creatures (that i can't describe because they were so spooky) in the mud. I ended up finding these (REALLY SCARY) hieroglyphics showing these fish people and their faces were so fucking ugl- i mean scary- that i can't even truly describe them. Suddenly a giant fish guy rose up from the water and he was so scary it's impossible to put into words. He was so scary i went insane, and now that i don't have any drugs to chase away the spooks i'm now going to kill myself because i can't live my life any longer due to how scared i am."- some fag who got spooked

Seriously though this shit only works if the person reading it doesn't stop and realize that it's only scary because some washed out drug addict said it was. This is like a horror movie where nothing scary is directly shown and the audience is expected to be scared because everyone else in the movie won't stop talking about how scared they are.
>>
>>9940526
He was a Babylonian fish-headed god that came from the depths in the night to give humanity knowledge and civilization.
I haven't read Dagon in a very long time so I cannot properly explain what I am trying to get at.
>>
>>9940479
>What are the worst and most forgettable stories written by H.P Lovecraft?
I would tell you but I forgot about them.
>>
>>9940526
I really like the scenario he describes, but the story isn't particularly scary.
>>
>>9940479
A lot. Much of it is Pre Call of Cthulhu after that there is a noticeable increase in quality.

But Red Hook, Is the biggest one that is easy to forget.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.