[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the love of (((god))) does anyone have this version of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1995.jpg (12KB, 180x278px)
1995.jpg
12KB, 180x278px
For the love of (((god))) does anyone have this version of the ego and its own as an epub, I have the pdf but its a scan so I can barely read what it says. And yes, I've tried converting it to epub but it doesn't convert it to digital text.

Info: Cambridge University edition, edited by David Leopold
>>
>>9939479
HEHE JEWS

praise lord kek
>>
>>9939481
ebin I know, but I knew I'd get bumped more that way
>>
>>9939479
>(((David Leopold)))

Eh no thanks
>>
>>9939493
I've actually compared every translation in an autistically detailed way and for some reason his is the best. Landstreicher is a pseud who uses archaic language on purpose, and the other edition by Martin is only slightly better.
>>
Libgen.io
>>
>>9939518
>Libgen.io
Yeah that's where I got my pdf, that's the only version of it they've got though
>>
Convert it yourself
>>
>>9939824
Read the post fully retard
>>
>>9939512
Landstreicher's is the superior version, much of the essence of the work is lost in the other.
>>
>>9939479
Isnt this the exact same translation as all the other pre wolife books?

What would this book add

>>9939512
Any particularly bad examples of sentences or words?
>>
>>9941074
More detailed footnoted
>>
>>9941074
Yeah all pre Wolfi ones were just adding on to Byington's original translation, but Leopold is the newest Byington translation, and uses the newest language, and adds some phrases the others missed, as well as having many, many, annotations that help you understand what Stirner meant, because the language doesn't usually translate too well into english.

As for a particular example where it's worse, check out the first paragraph of the first chapter:

Landstreicher: From the moment that he sees the world's light, a human being tries to extract himself from its confusion, in which he too is tossed about along with everything else, and finds himself.
But everything that comes in contact with the child also defends itself against these encroachments and maintains its own existence.
Consequently, since each one holds to itself and at the same time continually comes into collision with others, the battle for self-assertion is unavoidable.

Leopold: From the moment when he catches sight of the world man seeks to find out himself and get hold of himself out of its confusion, in which he, with everything else, is tossed about in motley mixture.
But everything that comes in contact with the child defends itself in turn against his attacks, and asserts its own persistence.
Accordingly, because each thing cares for itself and at the same time comes into constant collision with other things, the combat of self-assertion is unavoidable.

>>9940875
Yes, you could argue it delivers the "essence" of his writing better, but as a result strives to translate the emotion and wordplay well rather than the ideas themselves. Also most of these literary things he does are references to other philosophers of his time, or just generally things that people now don't know, and Wolfi only sparsely provides annotations to explain what he meant.
>>
Every version of this sold as an ebook is a print replica afaik (pdf), so no epub.
Libgen version is literally the retail pdf btw.
>>
>>9943080
Shit, that sucks
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.