[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come this guy is never blamed for "cultural Marxism"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: w_benjamin.jpg (42KB, 250x364px) Image search: [Google]
w_benjamin.jpg
42KB, 250x364px
How come this guy is never blamed for "cultural Marxism" like his buddy Adorno (also Marcuse) when he arguably had far more to do with it?

Benjamin was definitely the most radical member of the Frankfurt School, he admired Lenin and Blanqui, drew his method for literary exegesis from the Talmud and kabbalah, loved modern ("degenerate") art and literature, called for apocalyptic violence, and is the only major member of the Frankfurt School who is still widely read and studied in academia today. If that doesn't sound like /pol/'s worst nightmare I don't know what does.
>>
>>9938547
Only Marcuse was an identity politics cunt that the /pol/ retards call 'cultural marxism'.

Benjamin was an unbelievably gifted writer, and his death was a big loss. Benjamin was a mysticist, not a fucking liberal idpol obsessed retard
>>
/pol/ doesn't know/care about Benjamin because
>>
File: 5613282.jpg (823KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5613282.jpg
823KB, 1920x1200px
>>9938599
>>
>>9938547
Where to start with Benji? My favorite blogger keeps making oblique references to him and I have no idea what he's on about.
>>
Benjamin wasn't PC. He used some pretty misogynistic language, which isn't much of a stretch when you consider how the Jewish god values men far higher than women.
>>
File: illuminationswir.png (270KB, 1008x389px) Image search: [Google]
illuminationswir.png
270KB, 1008x389px
>>9938639
Watch this lecture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQpyUjJAo-s
>>
>>9938568
And they don't even read good Marcuse either.
>>
>>9938568
Agreed. Of far more value to literature in general, both his true calling and love.
>>
>>9938547
benjamin for example never really read "The Capital Vol.1" by Marx, he all got it second-hand from LukacsĀ“ 'History and Class Consciousness, just think of the whole alienation and objectivation critique, also he mainly wrote about bourgeois and aesthetic stuff, not quite related to the main concepts of marx, excpt for the analysis of the form of the commodity
>>
File: 59323.jpg (17KB, 196x266px) Image search: [Google]
59323.jpg
17KB, 196x266px
>>9938547
How long have you been on the board? I can think of 5-6 Benjamin cultural marxist hate threads since May/June.

Also, calling Benjamin a 'major member of the Frankfurt School' is simply incorrect - he was never a part of the institute. He was rather loosely associated with the school by his friendship with Adorno, who also gave him a bought of cash when he was on the brink of starvation.

His ideas were never fully compatible with the guys at Frankfurt because of their ambiguity and undertones of mysticism. E.g. take the whole battle over his legacy between Adorno and Scholem - if it wasn't for Scholem, we would never have seen the full edition of the gesammelte schriften, only a carefully curated selection by Adorno and his wife.

As for Benjamin's marxism, it really is the most peculiar and unorthodox version of Marxism you will find. He basically called out the entirety of the marxist intelligentsia and attacked standard marxist theory for being incapable of actually working on behalf of the downtrodden and silenced voices of history with his critique of the notion of progress.

If you want to continue a project of emancipatory nature after Benjamin (assuming that you've taken in the insights of his thought), it will not be of a progressive nature.
>>
>>9938547
I think there's also the sense that he was a nice guy, instead of the asshole Adorno was.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.