[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you listen to music while reading? Presumably lyric-free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: diogenes.jpg (1MB, 1800x1322px) Image search: [Google]
diogenes.jpg
1MB, 1800x1322px
do you listen to music while reading?

Presumably lyric-free music. What kind?
>>
>>9938399

sometimes solo piano but usually just have a fan running in the background
>>
>>9938399
I'm a /litmu/s paper, I pride myself on the finest musical and literary tastes
>>
Stars of the Lid
Oneohtrix Point Never
Deep Frieze

Basically ambient/drone stuff. If it's too distracting it defeats the purpose.
>>
Hold music for phones
Lobby music
>>
>>9938479
best album recs for all three bands?
>>
If it's genre fiction that I can read without needing to analyze every word and phrase, I usually listen to either ambient or dungeon synth.

I recommend Lord Loviticus, Lustmord, The Caretaker, Thomas Köner, Paleowolf, Black Goat of the Woods, Sun Araw (albums like Ancient Romans or MMX, rather than On Patrol or similar) and Mortiis. Alternatively, though they are more distracting, one could go for the Synaulia records, Hildegard Von Bingen or compilations like Masters of Koto.
>>
>>9938399
I don't listen to music while reading. It's just distracting.
>>
>>9938399
Yeah

Look here -
>>9937080

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRPkHzAsT0U
>>
>>9938399
My tinnitus isn't noticeable when i'm focused on reading but i still dislike silence, so i like to let some ambient music play in the background when i read. I'm reading The Silmarillion right now and just putting on a random fantasy ambient mix from youtube works great. Don't try to listen to classical when reading, it's intense music that demands your attention.
>>
>>9938694
is this a fucking joke LOL
>>
minimalism

steve reich and john adams are p good
>>
I used to listen to French, Dutch and Hungarian baroque music but I got bored of that and only listen to my fan to filter the noise downstairs.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IoQdx8F5nxw
>>
Brian Eno's ambient works, sometimes.
>>
Orthodox chants from my radio apps on my phone. Occasionally they'll break for scripture reading but go back to them.

I sometimes listen to theology podcasts.
>>
diogenes is my unironically my hero
>>
I find listening to albums which you've heard enough times as to have become second nature really helps shift the environment around you for reading. Makes a wall between the world of your book and the outside by having a familiar series of notes dominating your second most pressing sense.
>>
No, because no one can focus on both things at once and I do not want to have my attention and perception of reading influenced by music.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.