[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good books that deal with mysticism? I know Joyce found eastern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5311.jpg (112KB, 665x939px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5311.jpg
112KB, 665x939px
Any good books that deal with mysticism? I know Joyce found eastern mysticism interesting, but I was more talking along the lines of occult kabbalah
>>
File: tumblr_myl4c7oBYS1rqslgao5_500.jpg (81KB, 495x712px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myl4c7oBYS1rqslgao5_500.jpg
81KB, 495x712px
bump
interesting subject op
>>
>>9938297
Speaking of your pic, you know what's weird? A lot of marxists flirt with esoteric and occult imagery despite being materialists. What's up with that
>>
>>9938304
gimme proof
>>
>>9938308
Hegel (isn't a Marxist obviously but heavily influential), Zizek, and Adorno all use heavily occult language. The structure of Zizek's writing parallels Crowley's astrological 33s.
>>
>>9938281
Check out Yeats' prose in general, but A Vision in particular.
>>
Why would you invest time in tacit bullshit?
>>
>>9938281
Suicide
>>
Mysticism is always hovering around in Under the Volcano. The Consul is writing a "masterpiece" on the occult and mysticism in his head/dreams/notes and a demon taunts him about his failure to complete what he started. A truly mighty book.
>>
Philip K Dick became obsessed with Gnosticism and you can clearly see it in his work throughout the 70s culminating with the VALIS trilogy before he died.

Also check out Grant Morrison's The Invisibles. It is the occult/magick pop entertainment work of the 90s. His runs on Doom Patrol and Animal Man are also stellar.
>>
>>9938304
It's fun.
>>
>>9938281
Cioran writes about mysticism alot, he even wrote an essay called What to do with thr Mystics
>>
>>9938281
i thought i recognised that sourpuss. i used to think he was an innovative thinker until i read his book "Esoterrorism", which just went around in circles, and the TOPY bible, which didn't go anywhere. then i read Cosey's autobiography which paints him too much like Assange for me to take him seriously.
>>
>>9938308
Simone Weil maybe?

idk, I'm left-wing and materialist but love reading kooky, esoteric [usually right-wing] mysticism. It's a shame the tradition has been reduced to being nothing more than "everything ever is the product of a conspiracy of a few people".
>>
>>9940525
he's just a manipulative asshole who gets a pass for being "transgressive".
>>
Bloom's Kabbalah and Critique
>>
>>9938319
if you show me anything remotely occult about adorno i will eat an entire copy of minima moralia
>>
bataille
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.