[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about Nietzsche's critique of Christianity.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1497855126471.jpg (120KB, 923x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497855126471.jpg
120KB, 923x1280px
What do you guys think about Nietzsche's critique of Christianity. As I understood it, he claimed that St. Paul hijacked early Christianity for his worldy purposes and that core of Christian values like compassion and charity weaken us because they are not part of our animal nature.
>>
isnt this a strokes album
>>
>>9937362
what book is this discussed in?
>>
>>9937362
nietzsche's prodigy is aleister crowley, and he ate a woman's shit... so.
>>
>>9938119
Source for the second part? Or is this just low tier bait.
>>
>>9938134
it's in his journals somewhere. just look up crowley coprophagia. i will try to find the journal entry.
>>
>>9938134
idk which journal it was, but here's this from an article:

Crowley would go to even further extremes of transgression during his years at the Abbey of Thelema. In his diaries, he claims to have transcended all material distinctions, shattering the boundary between pure and impure, such that even the most defiling substances -- including human excrement -- became for him the pure Body of God. Thus the shit of his Scarlet Woman, Leah Hirsig, became the "Thelemic Host" in his Gnostic Mass:
>My mouth burned; my throat choked, my belly wretched; my blood fled wither who knows ...She stood above in hideous contempt...She ate all the body of God and with Her soul's compulsion made me eat...My teeth grew rotten, my tongue ulcered, raw was my throat, spasm-torn my belly, and all my Doubt of that which to Her teeth was moonlight and to her tongue ambrosia; to her throat nectar, in her belly the One God.

The quote is from "The Magical Record of the Beast 666"

Idk i'm not a crowley scholar but he did eat shit at some point. And in order to be initiated in his society you had to engage in sodomy.
>>
>>9938145
Oh lord I found it. Wow. I didn't actually expect that to be true. Still doesn't discredit Nietzsche though.
>>
Nietzsche was some kind of pure Ante-Nicene Christian of Christianity. Europeans do not know about Christianity since the Reformation.

Man who was deeply influenced by Socrates and rejected his philosophy once. Read Bataille to understand it.
>>
>>9938175
*outside of Christianity
>>
>>9938174
Well, the bit about crowley being nietzsche's prodigy is my own proposal. Nietzsche, to me, is what happens when you aspire to God with all the ferocity and fury of man, and yet at the peak of your ascent you fail to grasp that rung of heaven and so fall with the mightiness of the tallest wave back down to earth. Crowley, to me appears to be a perfect example of this, in that he sought his "true will" and the shedding of any pathetic weakness, in a fury of passion, but failed to marry himself to the Good, instead remaining as merely a rampant chaos which had all the capacity to transcend itself but failed by falling in love with its own image.
>>
>>9938558
The waves cascade against the sides of mighty cliffs, climbing higher and higher, as if they are trying to throw themselves over the top and onto the peak. Every so often a wave comes along with such ferocity that it overcomes all other waves and seems to test the glory of the cliffs themselves, but in the end it is only water. In order to transcend you must become a form. You must establish an identity. From water you must become a living thing, capable of grasping the side of the cliff, raising yourself up, and setting your foot upon it to join the ranks of the peaks and see the whole world. This is where others fail, in that they fail to establish a coherent identity, choosing instead to simply abandon it altogether, and while they may become a mighty wave they will never overcome the cliffs themselves.
>>
>>9937362
Nietzsche slaughtered the imposter and resurrected the real Jesus in the process. The Dionysus vs. Christ rivalry he formulated is the peak of spiritual interpretation and recognition of a far greater set of forces in the world than good and evil.
>>
File: fatima-message-nm.jpg (46KB, 314x450px) Image search: [Google]
fatima-message-nm.jpg
46KB, 314x450px
Nietzsche ultimately lacked faith. He was a kind of Christian, but a Christian who lacked faith in God' s continued operation in the world. If Nietzsche had possessed faith, he wouldn't have been so despondent, and he wouldn't have assessed Christianity the way he did. For one thing, he would have believed that the Holy Spirit was still divinely at work in Christianity, and that it would have ensured continuity from Jesus' own teachings down through the ages.

But that's the terrible burden on all Christians. Do you believe God is REAL, or don't you? Do you believe in the immense, inescapable power of the divine, or don't you? Do you believe in a miraculous, sacramental, supernatural religion, or do you merely believe in dead liturgy?
>>
>>9938089
room on fire
>>
>>9938105
genealogy of morals, first essay
>>
He had interesting points, but history proved him wrong. Religious people these days are stronger willed and more worried about the world than new age nihilist atheists.
>>
>>9938089
>>9941709

fuck, I knew that looked familiar.
>>
>>9941728
>new age nihilist atheists
nietzsche would hate those types too
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.