[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>write personal masterpiece of poetry >submit it to journal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1481395558055.gif (93KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481395558055.gif
93KB, 300x200px
>write personal masterpiece of poetry
>submit it to journal
>don't hear back
>read it 6 months later
>it's terrible
>>
Your learning ;)
>>
Post one
>>
I went through this for a long time. Now I write stuff and journals still don't take it but I'm proud of it years later and it doesn't make me cringe. Did I make it?
>>
All poetry is terrible, though.
>>
>>9936611
>epic poetry
>>
>>9936623
Basically the sole exception to "poetry is shit" is narrative poetry (hence the popularity and actual goodness of, for instance, something like Poe's The Raven).

Poetry is otherwise insular and unreadable trash.
>>
>>9936628
Poe is a bad poet and you should feel bad.

To Spring by William Blake

O thou with dewy locks, who lookest down
Through the clear windows of the morning, turn
Thine angel eyes upon our western isle,
Which in full choir hails thy approach, O Spring!

The hills tell one another, and the listening
Valleys hear; all our longing eyes are turn’d
Up to thy bright pavilions: issue forth
And let thy holy feet visit our clime!

Come o’er the eastern hills, and let our winds
Kiss thy perfumèd garments; let us taste
Thy morn and evening breath; scatter thy pearls
Upon our lovesick land that mourns for thee.

O deck her forth with thy fair fingers; pour
Thy soft kisses on her bosom; and put
Thy golden crown upon her languish’d head,
Whose modest tresses are bound up for thee.
>>
>>9937304
>Not him btw
Poe is fucking great! Their dismissal of lyrical poetry reeks of stupidity, but dissing Poe is just silly.
>>
>>9937304
Much smarter and more talented people than you take Poe seriously and regard him as a master.
Don't edge yourself to oblivion
>>
>>9937315
>>9937308
his talent lies in captivating audiences in 'universal nightmares' as Bloom put it. you were right to call me out for saying he was 'bad' but he is not nearly as good as Blake, Milton, Yeats etc.
>>
>>9937326
literally 3 of the greatest poets ever, its ridic to put down anybody on that basis
>>
>>9937326
I mean, I like Blake a lot, but The Raven is perfectly constructed in a way that can be held to ANY poem by ANY poet.

Better than Yeats if you look as best poem vs. best poem. I do like Blake better, though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.