[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Of the non-English speaking countries and regions, which would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9043.gif (80KB, 1200x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9043.gif
80KB, 1200x715px
Of the non-English speaking countries and regions, which would you say has the overall greatest literature? Would you say it is better than English literature?
>>
Italy looks like a boot
>>
>>9936386
Italy ur butt out of my thread real answers only pls
>>
>>9936378
Russian literature is dank.
You usualy will need to look for the Old World: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, not much of Portugal, etc.

There is also China and Japan, with have great things.
>>
Germany and France and even fucking Scandinavia mog the shit out of both the UK and USA
>>
>Greatest
Muh objectivity

Russia, but I like Heian / 20th century Japan, personally
>>
Russia and its not even close. Russian literature shits all over American literature.
>>
>>9936411
>Germany and France and even fucking Scandinavia mog the shit out of both the UK and USA
The first three have some good stuff, but let's not get carried away.

>>9936378
Russia had a great 19th C, but I'm going to go with Spain. Even better: the Hispanosphere. I'm not too sure I'd put Spain above the UK or the Hispanosphere above the Anglosphere, though. Close.

Of the non-Western places not mentioned yet, the Persians look worth checking out. They have quite a reputation for poetry.
>>
Portugal

T. Portuguese
>>
Noray
>>
File: alberto.png (55KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
alberto.png
55KB, 253x253px
>>9936525
AYOOO
>>
Best: Russian, German
Close Runner-Up: French
Great but lost its quality over time: Italian, Spanish

Most Undareappreciated : Balkan Literature, Japanese Literature, Romanian Literature

Can be both good and awful: Latin American, African
>>
>>9936659
Imma have to agree with this for the most part, I know nothing of Romanians except Tzara
>>
>>9936378
Almost every "major" country, or to be more precise any european language,from the western world have great literature

choosing which one is better isn't only pointless, but also retarded
>>
>>9936378
China
yes
>>
>>9936659
>Best: Russian
Just fuck off
>>
>>9937222
sorry ))))

it is just a fact ))))))))))))))
>>
>>9936946
Tzara wasn't a Romanian, he was a jew.
>>
>>9937233
Tolstoy and Chekhov's good work can't carry the entire rest of a nation's second-rate fiction to the top ranking, sorry sunshine.
>>
>>9936378
China

Shakespeare exists, so no.
>>
>>9937238
just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>9936378
Brazil
UMA
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.