[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just finished reading junky by burroughs in one sitting, really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 454.jpg (31KB, 303x475px) Image search: [Google]
454.jpg
31KB, 303x475px
just finished reading junky by burroughs in one sitting, really enjoyed it except for the fag shit with the mexican, how does naked lunch compare?

How does it compare to literature by others in the beat generation like kerouac?
>>
You do realize that 'fag shit' is pretty inseparable from Burroughs life and work right?
>>
It does not in any way compare to the naked lunch. Naked lunch is surreal psychodelic ride across intoxicated mind, Junky is like a structured journal/chronicle with no or very little made up psychedelic shit.
>>
>>9934960
Not really buddy in fact the fag Mexican part was transplanted by him into the manuscript from his other book, queer. Other than that out of place fag passage I could have read the whole book with no fag shit
>>
Doesn't compare at all.

Naked Lunch is a feverish science fiction story about a world run by propagandists, doctors, monsters, and cops with lots of extreme child fucking and gay sex interspersed.
>>
>>9936048
yeah bro you tell him. alright bro I can't not be honest with you, that made me real hard just now.
>>
Ahaha, well if you don't like the 'fag shit', I suspect you won't like page after page of brown boys hanging themselves and getting death erections while being sucked off by mugwumps. Seriously, there's a lot of homosexual imagery in Naked Lunch.

So, if you're a little bitch, I guess don't read it.
>>
speaking of fag shit is ''Queer'' worth reading before reading Naked Lunch?
>>
>>9936932
After it starts where junky ended. While junky is like a journal queer is like a novel, third person narration etc
>>
>>9936048

iirc there was many references to ''fags''' in the book
>>
mebbe dont read books by gay drug addicts if you dont like reading about gay drug addicts
>>
>>9936940
there was yr right
>>
>>9936052
>lots of extreme child fucking

[citation needed]
>>
>>9936940
Burroughs draws a distinction between homosexuals, who are guys who like fucking other guys, and faggots, who are shrieking, hand-flapping histrionic bitches. who like fucking other guys.
>>
>>9934911
>except for the fag shit with the mexican

You should really read Naked Lunch when you can pick up a copy.
>>
>>9937273
do you not remember all the sections about naked prepubescent boys hanging themselves?
>>
i only got halfway through naked lunch so what i know of it is a really disjointd story about travelling through america in search of drugs. then some really crazy shit with south american nazi doctors using mkultra shit to make people love eating shit or something gross like that.

nothing like junkie, which is a lot more down to earth. ANYWAYS bourroghs hated fags and he stated it directly in the book multiple times. he had a wife, he wasnt gay. he was just so alpha he was down to dominate mestizo boypucci too.
>>
>>9934911
Naked Lunch is the closest I've seen a book come to a fever dream. It's fascinating, but I can't say I really found a solid narrative, or even theme, to it. Burrows said a lot about it later, but I highly doubt he remembered writing a word of it, let alone his intentions at the time. Definitely nothing like Junky.

But if the 'fag shit' turned you off the book, then don't bother. Naked Lunch has a lot of explicit gay sex (among other explicit forms of sex, each one weirder than the last).
>>
>>9937853
yeah, but he wasn't fucking them.
>>
>>9937884
>then some really crazy shit with south american nazi doctors using mkultra shit to make people love eating shit or something gross like that.

wow, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. that, or you were reading a different book.

"Balderdash, my boy... we're scientists... pure scientists. Disinterested research and damned be him who cries 'Hold, too much!' Such people are no better than party poops." - Dr Benway
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.