[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a civil discussion on the female side of beat generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Can we have a civil discussion on the female side of beat generation literature?

Personally I think that the big three, but also Bukowski, were actually pretty terrible people, but I think their biggest failure was their disregard for a female perspective, even when they had exceptional female writers as their own wifes.

Why did they choose to not give a fuck about anything but themselves?
>>
>>9933255
because they weren't retarded?
>>
>>9933255
The Beats were a meme movement that produced nothing but dogshit. Leave it to women to become pseud groupies
>>
>>9933255
I think Burroughs shooting his wife and letting his son get raped by his degenerate faggot friends was much worse than not giving a shit about female perspectives.
>>
>>9933281
>and letting his son get raped by his degenerate faggot friends
>its real

Fucking hell
>>
I meant failures as an intellectual clique, not personal failures. I think their disregard for homosexuality that resulted in buroughs depravity is very much interwoven with their disregard of females.
>>
>>9933281
>>9933295
more info pls? cant find it on google or wiki
>>
>>9933390
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/note_from_the_final_days_of_william_burroughs_jr
>>
>>9933255
Well you answered yourself they never cared about anyone elses feelings, they were only commited to themselves. In Big Sur kerouack fucks a woman in front of her toddler son, yet he only cares about his own incoming breakdown. And his dead cat. The beats were to overwhelmed by themselves and their own feelings to sacrifice a mere thought for others.
>>
>>9933501
Thats what they'd like people to think but its horseshit.
They were overly obsessed with what others thought about them. No one who doesn't care about others goes out of their way to keep reminding the world how detached and uncaring they are, they were adolescent tryhards of the worst sort.
>>
>>9933255
>Can we have a civil discussion

Fuck no, where do you think we are?
>>
File: 1365809329742-700x325.jpg (56KB, 700x325px) Image search: [Google]
1365809329742-700x325.jpg
56KB, 700x325px
>>9933518
Heh, looks like you ran into the wrong secret club kiddo
>>
>>9933517
Wich is another part of their obsession with themselves, I didn't say they didnt care about other peoples opinion about them, they cared about opinion about themselves. The actual people could wither and die.
>>
>>9933407
Well that's fucked.
>>
>>9933537
>they cared about opinion about themselves. The actual people could wither and die.

Sure but thats the irony though, if these people who they allegedly could care less about started ignoring them they'd go hysterical. They never lived for themselves truly, they just lived in the perspective of others like any teenage girl on instagram but as degenerate filthbags
>>
>>9933572
They lived for themselves but could never figure out how to do it, they looked for people who could, looked for places ideologies and subustances that that they thought would give them a sense of fullfilment. Kerouacs writings are about that hopeless pursue, and he does not spare any detail about his thoughts and feelings at the time.
>>
>>9933281
I thought shooting his wife was weird
>>
Burroughs was Patti Smith's best friend
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.