[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for material centered around (applied) crowd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: test.jpg (1MB, 3508x2481px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
1MB, 3508x2481px
I'm looking for material centered around (applied) crowd psychology, eg use of divide and conquer via spurring people to divide into groups, then drip feeding stimuli that biases their intra-relations, and thus, over time, their relations with other macro groups, and therefore the overall flux and drift of an otherwise large scale, complex system.

Humans are simply signal transducers and processors, and the means to think certain thoughts, and develop certain behaviors, could be almost entirely directed by a system with broad enough I/O to form accurate models. I would like to expand what I've already figured about how this can, does, and will work. Mankind seems wired to create a God for our godless world, no doubt under the delusion of benefit for its creator.
>>
>>9932605
Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it's hard to place what you're talking about. It's basically applied philosophy, deriving it's theoretical foundations from Heidegger and Maturana. Although it focuses on design instead of crowd psychology, I think it's basic ideas might be useful to you for understanding how people's understanding of what they can do narrows or expands on input from the environment.

Here's a quote:

11.3 Organizations as networks of
commitments
In asking "What do managers do?" we must look at what goes on in an
organization as a whole. In Part I we saw that a certain kind of 'recurrence,'
or repetitive pattern of actions, pervades our life as patterns of breakdown
repeat themselves. An organization attempts to exploit this by division of
labor, in order to be ready to deal with a breakdown as something already
known.
Varying our simple car example, imagine that it is a delivery truck,
not a personal car. In this case the company has a standard procedure for
repair, so that the resolution of the situation is predetermined: take it into
the company garage and get a temporary replacement. Other patterns of
action in the organization are designed to anticipate rather than cope with
breakdown—in this case, obviously, the preventive maintenance done to
the trucks on a regular basis.
The concepts of breakdown and recurrence apply equally when we look
beyond those areas like vehicle maintenance where they are superficially
obvious, Breakdowns are not just situations of trouble, but are how
concerns appear to each member of the organization. Many of them are
already anticipated in the form of work specialization: standard forms to
be filled out, rules for credit, policies about the levels of inventories, and
so forth. To be in business is to know how to deal with breakdowns, and
to be pre-oriented in anticipation of them,.
The taken-for-granted recurrence in an organization includes, for
example, the definitions of what products and services are to be offered and
to whom, as well as what kinds of requests will be considered. The
rigidity implied by this recurrence is necessary, but it also brings a danger, an
inertia or bias, with a field of possibilities that tends to be narrow and
closed. This rigidity is often apparent in support activities, such as
maintenance and data processing. The development of means to achieve them11.3, ORGANIZATIONS AS NETWORKS OF COMMITMENTS 151
may come to hide the purposes they were intended to serve The
blindness can take on immense proportions when the survival of an organization
is assured by some external declaration, as with public bureaucracies or
armies in peacetime, It becomes attached to programs and projects,
attending to recurrent requests, with little sensitivity to the consequences
and implications of its activity or to the declared commitments of the
organization.
>>
>>9932670
I'll look into it. Thanks.
>>
>>9932605
Unironically? Culture and Critique
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.